The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I might be in the minority here but I really like the new single. It's possible that it might be a bit too modern for some, but I've found it to be an incredible come back track. Reminds me of some stuff from burial or some other UK Garage artists, but with EBTG's take on it. Maybe I'm just not super familiar with their work prior but I really like her new voice in it too. Regardless, I can see why some might not like it if you're mainly familiar with rock music. While of course I enjoy rock music and similar styles, I am probably a bit more of an electronic music fan than a rock fan, so this is a release I am particularly excited for.

Before the whole Dolby Atmos explosion happened there were honestly so few true electronic surround titles out there. While I really enjoy a lot of the reissues of older classic albums (e.g. the steven wilson yes remixes), part of why I got burned out on multichannel previously was because of the lack of modern/non-rock titles mixed in surround. With releases like this though, it reminds me why I've gotten back into the hobby again.
I doubt you're in minority. Seems to me a LOT of folks enjoy this style of music, it's just never been my bag. I try, but in the end, it's a dust collector. If it were exclusive to the SDE series, I would have kept my order for sure. Just to buy them all, if possible.

I predicted wrong. I got smart and cancelled my order. I mean, I'll use that $26 and apply it towards the Hawkwind release...which I will enjoy 10 fold.
I had a similar epiphany. I figured out I had a copy of Amplified Heart sitting on the shelf that I had never bothered to rip. So I ripped it, listened to it, and canceled my order.

Haven't heard this band before, hope we get som preview tracks in Atmos on Apple Music. £20 is a good price, but it becomes £55 before I can play it. :confused:
I'm a big fan of their less dance-y oriented albums "Baby The Stars Shine Bright" and "Idlewild", kinda balladry with a retro feel to the first one. Check them out, a surround "Baby The Stars Shine Bright" would have been stunning!!

I doubt you're in minority. Seems to me a LOT of folks enjoy this style of music, it's just never been my bag. I try, but in the end, it's a dust collector. If it were exclusive to the SDE series, I would have kept my order for sure. Just to buy them all, if possible.
Totally fair! I think ultimately when buying something like this it's always good to make sure it's something you know you'll enjoy and come back to. Especially because with items like this that tend to go out of stock, and will likely available via streaming as well.

I am more of a fan of their acoustic/rock/pop sound…but I will give this a go…it could be quite interesting in surround.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Haha a lot of people around here seem to be into their earlier stuff. While I admit that so far I enjoy their later downtempo/eletronic stuff more than their earlier music, I would love to see some of that released in surround as well! Specifically Eden would be pretty cool to have in immersive.

I am a huge fan of theirs, and especially "Walking Wounded", their head-first foray into electronic dance music, which I recently got on vinyl...but I used to LOVE Tracey's "original" voice ...which is weird cause you have singers like Elisabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins) who are more or less the same age and her voice is basically the same as back then... I wonder what happened to Tracey!

I'm a big fan of their less dance-y oriented albums "Baby The Stars Shine Bright" and "Idlewild", kinda balladry with a retro feel to the first one. Check them out, a surround "Baby The Stars Shine Bright" would have been stunning!!
💯 %
In fact, the orchestrations (and songs themselves) on “Baby The Stars Shine Bright” make it a dream surround release for me 🤩

I am a huge fan of theirs, and especially "Walking Wounded", their head-first foray into electronic dance music, which I recently got on vinyl...but I used to LOVE Tracey's "original" voice ...which is weird cause you have singers like Elisabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins) who are more or less the same age and her voice is basically the same as back then... I wonder what happened to Tracey!
Most probably throat nodules.

Hey @PaulatSDE, I think at some point you had welcomed ideas for future SDE titles and I just had to say upon revisiting to the Atmos mix of Regina Spektor's latest this morning that wow, this album (Home, Before and After) and mix is an absolute masterpiece (I staunchly believe she's one of the greatest living songwriters).

Thought to myself "now this one I would love to have a physical copy of." Maybe already on your radar, but FWIW. Be well, and thanks for all you do!

Thought to myself "now this one I would love to have a physical copy of."
I might have mentioned this before, but my wish is for Planet Drum’s Into The Groove to be part of the series. I even went to their site and suggested seeing what Paul is doing.

Maybe it’s too niche, though. Amazing Atmos mix, but not a project that a wide audience might be familiar with.

I’d also be happy to get this as a download via IAA, but like you, my preference is always going to be physical media for certain favorite titles.

That seems slightly unlikely, but I'll be positively surprised if it happens.
Well, we can only dream right????

I remember dreaming of Steven Wilson remixing Tears for Fears and my dream came true with Songs from the Big Chair and Sowing the Seeds of Love (Superb!!!!), i for sure thought it would never happen!!!!

Well, we can only dream right????

I remember dreaming of Steven Wilson remixing Tears for Fears and my dream came true with Songs from the Big Chair and Sowing the Seeds of Love (Superb!!!!), i for sure thought it would never happen!!!!
Hope he do it over in Atmos for SDE and also Elemental + Raoul and the Kings of Spain + Everybody loves a Happy Ending

Back