The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news...bells-50th-anniversary-sde-exclusive-blu-ray/
blu-ray_1500_sticker.jpg
I like the Gold Pipes, nice touch.

Wow, another instant buy for me in this SDE surround series! This is probably the most complete and crazy value out of all the blu ray's offered thus far in the series. Like damn, we have the new 2023 atmos mix, the new 2023 stereo mix, the Mike Oldfield 5.1, the original quad, the original stereo, a bonus track in atmos all in hi-res!

To be completely honest, I wasn't super excited when I originally saw that this was next up in the series. That has nothing to do with the quality of the album, or whatever the new atmos mix is, it just has to do with the fact that this album has been released in surround sound already 4 times (original quad, quad sacd, new 5.1 and re-recorded 5.1). I adore this album, and it's a classic for a reason. BUT, because of the sheer amount of content packed into this blu ray, along with a new stereo and Atmos remix, I have to say that this is a phenomenal addition to the SDE Surround Series, and one that I am way more excited for than what I originally imagined when I saw the words Tubular Bells pop up on the SDE Surround Series newsletter.

We really owe it to Paul for putting together these amazing releases on Blu Ray.

Wow, another instant buy for me in this SDE surround series! This is probably the most complete and crazy value out of all the blu ray's offered thus far in the series. Like damn, we have the new 2023 atmos mix, the new 2023 stereo mix, the Mike Oldfield 5.1, the original quad, the original stereo, a bonus track in atmos all in hi-res!

To be completely honest, I wasn't super excited when I originally saw that this was next up in the series. That has nothing to do with the quality of the album, or whatever the new atmos mix is, it just has to do with the fact that this album has been released in surround sound already 4 times (original quad, quad sacd, new 5.1 and re-recorded 5.1). I adore this album, and it's a classic for a reason. BUT, because of the sheer amount of content packed into this blu ray, along with a new stereo and Atmos remix, I have to say that this is a phenomenal addition to the SDE Surround Series, and one that I am way more excited for than what I originally imagined when I saw the words Tubular Bells pop up on the SDE Surround Series newsletter.

We really owe it to Paul for putting together these amazing releases on Blu Ray.
Not to mention the 2003 MLP DVD~Audio of which I own a copy

R.65fecef7321ed8569e734581831009bc

Last edited:
I’d just like to say how great Paul and Co from SDE are. Today my mailbox had a package from them in it which turned out to be a Tipping Point slipcase. They’d run out previously and one of our members (stephenianhunt see above post) kindly has posted one to me too which is winging its way across the pond as we speak. That was totally unexpected and top notch Customer service from SDE, cheers 🍻!!! And yes I’ve just ordered the latest Tubular Bells SDE Atmos too!! Can’t wait for that one.
Cheers 🍻
Yup! Both TFF case and Tubular Bells bluray. SDE 🤝(y)
(y) (y) 👍

Yep early in my collection too!
Got this when it first released too. A great dvd-a for sure, but wanted SDE new bluray as well anyway. Different mixes and new content etc. (compared) This outfit sure is fantastic! Hope they do a studio album of Led Zep in surround. They'd do ~very well~ on that too! Have a great weekend 🤝

Licensing aside, it does seem the sky is the limit for SDE as they’re not bound by existing multi channel mixes like D-V. May both companies continue to prosper!
not wanting to go OT but fwiw DV aren't bound by existing mixes either since they've released SACDs of some newly commissioned MultiCh mixes (mainly but not all new productions of Classical works) and even gone back to the multi's in certain cases and created new MultiCh mixes themselves (e.g. their recent Star Wars SACD where they started afresh and did all new Surround mixes since the Quad master was compromised) but yes indeed i agree let's hope DV and SDE continue to do well for all our sakes! 🙏🤞❤️

not wanting to go OT but fwiw DV aren't bound by existing mixes either since they've released SACDs of some newly commissioned MultiCh mixes (mainly but not all new productions of Classical works) and even gone back to the multi's in certain cases and created new MultiCh mixes themselves (e.g. their recent Star Wars SACD where they started afresh and did all new Surround mixes since the Quad master was compromised) but yes indeed i agree let's hope DV and SDE continue to do well for all our sakes! 🙏🤞❤️
And Mr Dutton has done a terrific job with the surround mix for the Star Wars disc with instrumentation all around. A 10 for me.(y)

The next SDE Atmos disc will be: Snarky Puppy!
Empire Central is a great sounding mix!
If so, that would be wonderful. I had a short email exchange with the mixer label head a few months ago, and she hinted that a physical release would eventually happen. . . .

Last edited:
Back