Suede "Suede" (SDE Blu-Ray #11 with Steven Wilson stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwood

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
https://www.thesdeshop.com/collecti...e-limited-edition-sde-exclusive-blu-ray-audio
Announced from the Steven Wilson Remixes Facebook page.

600_pack_label_Suede.jpg

Last edited:
Paul needs to update his update. I thought Paul stated the next release was supposed to be a set quantity release not a pre-order?

"#11 in the SDE Surround Series will be announced next week. Unlike the last few, this is going to be available in a fixed quantity, so be sure to stay in touch with SDE over the next seven days."

Wow! This means there could be hope for either Different Class or This is Hardcore by Pulp getting Atmos/5.1 mixes. They're my favourite Brit-Pop band!!!!!
The sublime (Scott Walker produced) We Love Life too please while we're at it. Such a great album and very underappreciated at the time. Time to reappraise perhaps (or should I go tell it to The Trees?)

This Suede title is a real crisis for me... in a first-world-problems sort of way. ;)

Just yesterday I said I’m all in with these releases. I’ve taken some chances with the prior releases and found I really enjoyed them. Shakespears Sister was the only one that was really borderline for me.

This one, though? Listening to it this morning, there’s nothing I like about it. Doesn’t mean it’s not a great album, just completely not my thing.

So do I buy it because I’ve bought the others (which is illogically as valid a reason as any reason) or do I finally tell myself it’s OK not to have a full collection of something and break the grip this series has had on me?

If this had been a “X-number only and then they’re gone” sort of thing like we were expecting, I would have passed so others who love this album had the chance to get a very limited number. But with a window for ordering I now get to change my mind a million times.

Still, kudos to Paul for this title. From what I’m seeing elsewhere, it’s a title that many people are excited about. And another Steven Wilson mix. So it looks like another winner for the series which I’m truly happy to see.

If you want to preview the album on the USA streaming services, you may have search under the band name "The London Suede".
Some singer back in the day beat them to the name.

I had heard of the band but never paid attention to them -I lived in the US at the time- I was going to order it anyway to keep the series going, listened to the singles from debut album online and liked what I heard. PLUS a Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix to boot! Ordered...:)

After listening to a few songs from this, I believe I'm passing on this one. Brit-pop was never my bag

Cool stuff! Really looking forward to hearing Steven Wilson mix the album that brought in Britpop! It's a great album, Suede were massive over here after this.

Fun fact - Ricky Gervais used to be their manager before he stopped working in music and went into comedy!

Back