The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A streaming service like Apple or Tidal is equivalent to about one new physical disc a month. And they release several every month.
And then there’s Netflix, Paramount+, Amazon Music, Hulu, etc., etc,. etc. They can add up, and last month’s subscription doesnkt get you anything permanent. They can add up, just like any hobby’s costs.

A streaming service like Apple or Tidal is equivalent to about one new physical disc a month. And they release several every month.
For me the disadvantage is that you don't own it (despite that I strongly dislike that we're expected to rent everything from music, movies and software today), so when they for unknown reasons remove releases from their catalog, you'll have nothing!
If you take a look at movies and streaming, they are licensing it to be on a streaming service for specific time-period, I don't know if that is the case with music yet, but it could easily change to that in the future.

But despite all that (when it comes to music) I hate that they really don't pay the artists nowhere near an acceptable amount for the plays.
And here we are at the point where I'm not sure if it's good business to pay them the necessary amount, and if that's the case,- they (too) will cease to exist, if they change the level of the payments to substantially higher (again leaving you with nothing)!

I’m surprised that the labels don’t offer their own streaming service. This way, they could bypass the likes of Apple, Amazon, Tidal, etc. The upside is they’d have more control and the potential to make more money. The downside for the consumer is that they’d have to spend more for multiple streaming services.

Yes, I have made good experience with using a long knife with a straight blade or "knife back". Slip it into the slipcase and place it in a way that you can bend the perforation around the blade or the
Yes, I have made good experience with using a long knife with a straight blade or "knife back". Slip it into the slipcase and place it in a way that you can bend the perforation around the blade or the back
Danka!
I am so clumsy I would cut myself 🩸
I will try a ruler instead 👍🏼

Any news/rumors of the next in the series? I've been eagerly waiting to see what's next and it's just about that time...

Baarmy as it sounds, shearly ewe'll get fleeced, but I won't bleat on about it 🐑🐑🐑 🤪
That would be absolutely crazy, I really hope that's what it is but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
ewww, well the game of love dictates the only way to make contact and give life back to music and touch the beyond within the instant crush; is to hold on to our fragments of time ('cause we be runnin' out of that), which then we hope they'll be doin' it right, so we can all just get lucky! :dance

any other informative guesses :)

Danka!
I am so clumsy I would cut myself 🩸
I will try a ruler instead 👍🏼
That's exactly what I thought myself after posting the knife thing... maybe a slim metal ruler would be perfect.

And by the way, it's "DankE". I'm a bit embarrassed now because I always hoped that my english skills are not bad enough that everyone instantly identifies me as a German... ;)

I’m surprised that the labels don’t offer their own streaming service. This way, they could bypass the likes of Apple, Amazon, Tidal, etc. The upside is they’d have more control and the potential to make more money. The downside for the consumer is that they’d have to spend more for multiple streaming services.
I'm more surprised that the labels don't offer their own 'lossless' audio file 'download' services!

Could it be the new Depeche Mode album, Memento Mori? (SDE sent out an email plugging its March release on other physical formats this morning.)

If so, I'll probably sleep in tomorrow. Don't want to start a flame war here, but there's a whole slew of 80s "Second British Invasion" (and pop/synth-pop/dream-pop/New Romantic) bands that I just never connected with.
Profile of mixer Marta Salogni in the June issue of Sound on Sound:
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/inside-track-depeche-mode-memento-mori

I know it's not part of the series but I just got notified that the symphonic Def Leppard / Drastic Symphonies CD+blu-ray with Dolby Atmos Mix has been shipped, who's excited about this one then? yea not many lol. I had to have it though, just to see what it's like.

That's exactly what I thought myself after posting the knife thing... maybe a slim metal ruler would be perfect.

And by the way, it's "DankE". I'm a bit embarrassed now because I always hoped that my english skills are not bad enough that everyone instantly identifies me as a German... ;)
oops! My bad…and your English skills are perfect…obviously better than my German!
I just clicked on your avatar and noticed you were from Germany 😜
Thanks again for the advice 👍🏼

Dang, there hasn't been much news about any new releases this month and there's only a couple more days left. Guess there might not be another addition to the series for this month.

Back