The Spinners "The Complete Atlantic Singles 72-79" (2-CD Set-Real Gone-8/4/2023)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5.1 4 Life

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Description from Real Gone Music-
Could it be you’re falling in love? With six Grammy Award nominations, eighteen Gold and Platinum albums, twenty top 40 Pop singles, and both Pop and R&B chart-toppers, The Spinners more than earned their place in pantheon of American popular song. Working with producer-arranger-conductor Thom Bell, the five-man group consisting of Philippé Wynne, Bobbie Smith, Henry Fambrough, Billy Henderson, and Pervis Jackson (and later, John Edwards) came to define the sound of smooth and sophisticated Philadelphia soul in the 1970s even as they paved the way for disco. With Bell’s singular arrangements and the unmistakable musicianship of MFSB supporting them, The Spinners delivered rich, textured harmonies on hit after hit including “I’ll Be Around,” “Could It Be I’m Falling in Love,” “One of a Kind (Love Affair),” “Sadie,” “The Rubberband Man,” and the No. 1 duet “Then Came You” with Dionne Warwick. From soul and pop to funk and dance, The Spinners transcended the tag of R&B to make a style all their own. On the eve of their long-awaited induction into the 2023 class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Real Gone Music and Second Disc Records are proud to celebrate The Spinners on The Complete Atlantic Singles: The Thom Bell Productions 1972-1979. This definitive 2-CD anthology presents every one of the quintet’s beloved A- and B-sides helmed by Thom Bell on Atlantic Records during that halcyon period–with each and every song in its original single version (7” only…we had to leave out the 12-inch version of “If You Wanna Do a Dance” for timing reasons). That’s a total of 43 mighty tracks on 2 CDs, more than half of which are unique edits, including 19 Pop hits and 22 R&B hits! Most of these are new to CD, and all are freshly remastered by Mike Milchner at SonicVision from new tape transfers. The Complete Atlantic Singles: The Thom Bell Productions 1972-1979 also includes a deluxe booklet with rare photos and memorabilia. The track-by-track liner notes from The Second Disc’s Joe Marchese draw on a new interview with the last surviving member of the classic Spinners lineup, Henry Fambrough, as well as an unpublished interview with the late Thom Bell (Marchese also contributes a heartfelt tribute to the late, great Thom Bell, who was a good friend). The Spinners’ Complete Atlantic Singles is a “One of a Kind” collection for the ages…the pinnacle of sweet ‘70s soul!

1. How Could I Let You Get Away
2. I’ll Be Around
3. Could It Be I’m Falling in Love
4. Just You and Me Baby
5. One of a Kind (Love Affair)
6. Don’t Let the Green Grass Fool You
7. Ghetto Child
8. We Belong Together
9. Mighty Love Pt. I
10. Mighty Love Pt. II
11. I’m Coming Home (Single Version)
12. He’ll Never Love You Like I Do
13. Then Came You
14. Just as Long as We Have Love
15. Love Don’t Love Nobody Pt. I
16. Love Don’t Love Nobody Pt. II
17. Living a Little, Laughing a Little (Single Version)
18. Smile, We Have Each Other (Single Version)
19. Sadie (Single Version)
20. Lazy Susan
21. They Just Can’t Stop It (The Games People Play) (Single Version)
22. I Don’t Want to Lose You
23. Love or Leave (Single Version)
24. You Made a Promise to Me
25. Wake Up Susan (Single Version)
26. If You Can’t Be in Love (Single Version)
27. The Rubberband Man (Single Version)
28. Now That We’re Together
29. You’re Throwing a Good Love Away (Single Version)
30. You’re All I Need in Life (Single Version)
31. Me and My Music (Single Version)
32. I’m Riding Your Shadow (Down to Love)
33. Heaven on Earth (So Fine) (Single Version)
34. I’m Tired of Giving
35. Easy Come, Easy Go (Single Version)
36. (Love Is) One Step Away (Single Version)
37. If You Wanna Do a Dance (All Night) (Single Version)
38. Once in a Life Proposal
39. Are You Ready for Love (Single Version)
40. Once You Fall in Love (Single Version)
41. I Love the Music (Short Version)
42. Don’t Let the Man Get You
43. One of a Kind (Love Affair) (New Version) (BONUS TRACK)

1686128148973.png

https://realgonemusic.com/collectio...-the-complete-atlantic-singles-72-79-2-cd-set

Back