THE STOOGES: FUN HOUSE 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Not sure if this has been discussed yet or not ....

THE STOOGES
FUN HOUSE 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION

stooges_boxedset_image001.jpg

THE STOOGES
FUN HOUSE 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION

released on: 7/31/2020

DETAILS

• 15 X 180-gram Black Vinyl LPs
    • 45 RPM Version Of The Album On 2-LP With 4th Side Etching
    • The Complete Fun House Sessions
    • Have Some Fun: Live At Ungano's
  • 2 Replica Black 7” Vinyl Singles
    • “Down On The Street” (Mono Single Edit)/ “I Feel Alright” (Mono Single Edit) [French Picture Sleeve]
    • “Down On The Street” (Single Mix)/ “I Feel Alright” (Single Mix)
  • 24-Page Book With Rare Photos And An Extensive Essay By Henry Rollins
    • Ephemera Including 2 24"x12" Posters, 2 12"x12" Prints, A Slipmat, And A 45-Adapter
  • Strictly Limited, Numbered Edition Of 1970

From the first hit to the last breath, where the design and the aesthetic are so in focus to both reality and the magic that is the essence of true creative vision, FUN HOUSE was the blueprint, the template for what I wanted in Rock n Roll: direct action rhythm where the bass and drums are informed by Urban Blues swing, fire-in-the-hole guitar shred that is way too cool to show off, and a singer who is IN THE FUCKING MOMENT alive with all the love, rage, guts and glory that his sonic prayers could beseech. Speaking for anyone who was saved by punk-noise-art-hardcore-psyche-folk-no wave foreverness – FUN HOUSE is where it begins, where we all come out to play. – Thurston Moore

FUN HOUSE is the raw and beautiful truth, it is beyond categorization, and I’ll be listening to it for the rest of my life. – Flea

“Down On The Street” taught me everything I needed to know about groove to this day.
“T.V. Eye” taught me all I needed to know about how to play a guitar.
“Dirt” killed me… the slow drudge and discord.
“Loose,”, “1970,” “Fun House,” and “L.A. Blues” remain pure motherfucking classics on how rock n’ roll should be done. Period.
This is THE record to have, if you know what the fuck is up. – Duff McKagan

We could go on and on with the famous fan quotes but let's get to the nitty-gritty because by the time you get to the end of reading this, this f!#@ing boxed set may very well be sold out. This year marks the 50th anniversary of The Stooges' iconic FUN HOUSE record and we're bringing you an extremely limited, numbered compendium on a whopping 15 LPs. Featured are a newly remastered 2-LP 45 RPM (for highest audio quality) version of the album, the vinyl debut of THE COMPLETE FUN HOUSE SESSIONS, and HAVE SOME FUN: LIVE AT UNGANO'S, a recording of The Stooges performing live in New York City in August 1970, just as FUN HOUSE was released.

Rounding out the music in this deluxe set are two mixes of the single “Down On The Street”/“I Feel Alright.” The first is the “Mono Single Edit” released in France, and the other is the unique “Single Mix” that was unreleased until the original 1999 boxed set. Each one is pressed on 7-inch vinyl and presented in a sleeve with reproduction artwork.

Beyond the music, the collection also includes a 24-page booklet with rare photos and new liner notes, featuring an essay by Henry Rollins and testimonials penned by an extensive list of rock ‘n’ roll luminaries including Clem Burke, Flea, Joan Jett, Shirley Manson, J Mascis, Duff McKagan, Thurston Moore, Tom Morello, Karen O, Andy Partridge, and Steven Van Zandt, among oters, plus posters, prints, a slipmat, and a 45 adapter.

FUN HOUSE 50TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION VINYL BOXED SET is set for a July 31st.

IMHO.......it should have at least had a SACD/Hybrid 5.1 disc

Last edited:
Back