Dual Disc THE SYMPHONIC JEAN MICHEL JARRE LIMITED EDITION INCLUDING 5.1 Audio Mix DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
OK this is one that you don't see much often on ebay BUT you can buy it directly from here (free shipping) :
JUST CLICK ON THE 5.1 mix photo to make the order

http://www.pragueorchestras.com/jarre.htm

VERY good orchestration, the 5.1 mix is also good

It has been already out over 1 year ago, no many people knows about it
It's a 2 CD + 1 bonus DVD, not a Dualdisc, I didn't find another place for this new thread

Attachments

• bonus-jarre-symphonic.jpg
    bonus-jarre-symphonic.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 206
Thanks for the link!
Since you seem to own that disc: can you tell us what format the 5.1 track on the DVD has? DD5.1, dts, or is it even a DVD-Audio with MLP?
The web site with the description didn't say...
Best regards,
Oliver

It's DD5.1; discrete - for orchestral music - mix, but overal sound quality not shining.

What he said :D

DD 5.1 only... which is a shame as the mix is quite discrete and the overall record is really good, even surprising. It's mainly orchestral, but with hints of synthesizers and rock instruments wherever it was needed. The result is really great - what you'd expect from a "Symphonic Jarre" promise.

As a matter of fact, the CD's setlist is superior, more diverse and more daring than most of Jarre's concert setlists since 2001. A very underrated and overlooked record, well worth being re-released in SACD or DVD-A. The DD 5.1 is okay, I've heard much worse but of course DTS should have been included in the first place.

Thanks for highlighting this disc, I'd been looking for the surround version for quite a while. Very quick service from Tadlow Music as well.

Quite an impressive surround mix for an orchestral record and not just for the electronic instruments. Shame it's just DD but at least it's a proper, discrete surround disc.

Back