The Very Best Of Enya DVD DTS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ironic you posted this. I just acquired this and it is exactly like elmer's graph shows, Strong fronts, faux 4.0 with a supdued center vocal, BUT her vocals are SO strong (let's admit, that's why we buy her craft) that it balances out, and works well.

Surround mixing 101: Enhance the weak channels, subdue the strong. It's the lazy way out (I personally would do it almost every note but I could see how that could get fatiguing so maybe the lazy man's route is actually better??)

index.php

I read the orig engineer who mixed this was unhappy with that orig release and wanted it in surround (a true QQ'er)

Very ethereal, which is what I think the engineer (and probably Enya herself secretely wanted [Ican only hope]).

The DTS is def a bit fuller than the DD

Overall, very enjoyable from one of my favorite artists (as a young man, and now old)

The video for Amarantine (released in 2005) reminds me of Avatar by James Cameron (released in 2009) Who Stole Who?

She was one of a kind

This disc release is so good for a 2009 DTS upmix. Gonna say that this is the best upmix I've heard.

Ok, I'm gonna just say it, the videography of these vids is some of the BEST I've seen (movie production like) and this disc (equally superior in vid as well as audio), Why does this shit never even get recognized (or awarded) Academy Awards or why does every other video suck? I get it, production value is huge but it so makes a good song that much better, Didn't George Lucas say ("Sound is half the picture", and thus the inverse would/should apply?)

BTW, the cannabis strain Gelato and XJ-13 (I'm that specific in case your asking) really heightens music, so there's that, which is what I would call a "confirmative".

Last edited:
Back