The Who with Orchestra - Live at Wembley (2 CD/Blu-Ray Live set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Apple Music.I listen only to BD as a source of my surround and Atmos.
If it wasn't for Apple Music I would never had the joy of listening to Atmos mixes from expensive boxes like Signals and DSOTM, and all the other good mixes that will never be on disc.

Daltrey's voice is showing his age; I can live with that. I did not expect the Atmos mix to be super great as I would not from any live concert, to be honest. But this is The Who and there are many cherished songs here. I think the orchestra was used to great effect, else those cuts from Quadrophenia would have sounded a little a flat for sure. 5:15 was my favorite. The onstage banter about Won't Get Fooled Again was interesting if not revealing if you're a long time Who fan.
Many of The Who's songs and lyrics are timeless anthems to my generation and still spark emotion.

I want to dig out my old Quadrophenia LP's from their now ragged old cover and worse booklet that's been dragged all over the place and see if I can get any decent sound out of the TT I haven't used in years. Lot of hours of listening there.

Back