They Seem Like Owls, debut album Strangers CD/DTS DVD-V with Bruce Soord 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi all, I just noticed on Bruce his website that he has been working on a 5.1 mix for the debut album of They Seem Like Owls, called Strangers.

I’ve just finished mixing the 5.1 for the debut ‘They Seems Like Owls’ album which I have also authored here. The excellent stereo mix was done by Julien Fehlmann at www.studiomecanique.ch It will be available on DVD-V as 24/96 DTS 5.1 and 24/96 PCM stereo. It’s an intriguing mix of metal, doom and progressive song writing

http://brucesoord.com/seem-like-owls-5-1-mix-dvd-v-dts-5-1-authoring/

The set is available on Bandcamp, http://theyseemlikeowls.bandcamp.com for $10 plus shipping and tax

Limited Edition CD + 5.1 DVD
Compact Disc (CD)
Comes in a 3-fold case with amazing artwork by Shawn Pratzner. The DVD contains a 5.1 surround sound mix of the full album (no instrumental versions in 5.1). Instrumental stereo songs included as bonus download content with CD or Digital Download purchases.

Includes unlimited streaming of Strangers via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
shipping out on or around August 25, 2016
edition of 1000

image.jpeg

Interesting. Some pretty heavy stuff...I might think this would attract some of our metal heads. I might go for it...need to listen to a few song clips. :)

I had a quick listen, another interesting album, so I bought it. Though I'm not a fan of 'growl' vocals, but that seemed to be only on Chasm, but I always feel that if you don't challenge yourself musically, and then take time to listen to an album and let it grow on you, you often miss out on what turns out to be rather good (I've bought many albums years later and thought why didn't I like this before!). Downloaded the 2.0 FLAC, now waiting for the CD/5.1 DVD to be released.

Thanks to Robert for spotting it.:upthumb

I had a quick listen, another interesting album, so I bought it. Though I'm not a fan of 'growl' vocals, but that seemed to be only on Chasm, but I always feel that if you don't challenge yourself musically, and then take time to listen to an album and let it grow on you, you often miss out on what turns out to be rather good (I've bought many albums years later and thought why didn't I like this before!). Downloaded the 2.0 FLAC, now waiting for the CD/5.1 DVD to be released.

I could have written an identical post! My feelings exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are welcome. It was actually because Zee in the Fire Garden topic made a reference to Bruce his website which I looked at and saw Bruce his news section about the Strangers album :)

I would prefer more tracks with growled vocals, I love it.

Hope the 5.1 mix has the guitars as clear as the stereo mix. I have not heard any Soord mix with decent sounding rhythm guitars yet.

Hey everyone, this is Dan from They Seem Like Owls. Thanks for all of the interest here!

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I'll be providing 5.1 FLAC downloads to anyone who has purchased the physical CD/DVD over at BandCamp... as soon as 5.1 is 100% ready. There's some testing left, but at least it'll be ready before the the CDs and DVDs begin the pressing process.

I'll send an email from [email protected] to the email provided at the time of purchase.

Hey everyone, this is Dan from They Seem Like Owls. Thanks for all of the interest here!

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I'll be providing 5.1 FLAC downloads to anyone who has purchased the physical CD/DVD over at BandCamp... as soon as 5.1 is 100% ready. There's some testing left, but at least it'll be ready before the the CDs and DVDs begin the pressing process.

I'll send an email from [email protected] to the email provided at the time of purchase.

Hi Dan. Welcome to the forum and thanks for stopping by. I boosted your post count to 'over 10' so you won't be blocked by any of our anti-spam scripts, so feel free to post links or promote your work in anyway you like. I just ordered your CD+DVD and it was very easy to do with PayPal, and very affordable, so hopefully many of our members will discover your music and your surround tracks!

Again, welcome and good luck with "Strangers"

I likewise placed an order for the CD/DVD 5.1 of Strangers from the Bandcamp website and received an email that the order was placed. As Jon Urban indicated, utilizing PayPal was a snap and I look forward to receipt of the album in late August.

Best of luck 'TheySeemLikeOwls' and welcome to QuadraphonicQuadforum.....where you're ALWAYS surrounded:51banana:

Remember folks, this combo RBCD/DVD is only being pressed in a limited edition of 1,000 copies so place your order NOW thus avoiding disappointment!

Hi Dan, welcome to QQ. Thank you for providing the 5.1 FLAC files, much appreciated :)

Ordered! :D Excellent stuff.. thanks for the heads up Robert and everyone else's helpful input.
Bandcamp really does have some great 5.1 releases, well worth checking out imho.. I think I will start a Bandcamp 5.1 QQ thread tonight (unless anyone reading this would like to do it in the meantime? :eek: ) listing as many 5.1 Bandcamp releases as we're all aware of and hopefully some feedback on the music and the surround mixes etc.

Back