They Seem Like Owls, debut album Strangers CD/DTS DVD-V with Bruce Soord 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the DVD-V is DTS, Dan of They Seem Like Owls has sent those of us who ordered CD/DVD a link to the 5.1 FLAC. See post #23.

Yes it's dvd-v with 5.1 24-96 dts and stereo pcm:

2v9832o.jpg

I've yet to start writing another album, but I hope it doesn't take me 4 years like this one did. I'd definitely go for a 5.1 mix again though! This was my first album. I've definitely learned a lot, so hopefully the next one is easier.

Hi Dan, thanks for this release.
I LOVE the heavy parts, that is my thing. I think the deep growled vocals are GREAT, although I appreciate you probably wanted to show variations, hence soft and heavy parts.

The arrangements are great, and the drumming really propels the songs. IMO any rock band is only as good as their drummer.

If I am selfish I would love a 100% heavy album, like the beginning of Chasm, but I enjoy this never-less.

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! Especially those that have stretched their comfort zone to give us a shot.

Still waiting on the physical CD/DVDs to arrive, I'll call the manufacturer tomorrow to see what the delay is.

I'm pretty sure I've responded to everyone who purchased the physical album or made digital purchases of >=$10. If you've made a purchase for 5.1 and I somehow missed getting you a download link, please don't hesitate to email me.

Thanks again everyone!

Dan
[email protected]

That is correct :(

Sorry to say it, but I personally won't receive the physical CD/DVDs for another ~2 weeks from the manufacturing plant. The manufacturing process had issues due to a heat wave and the company had to reprint all recent orders.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! Especially those that have stretched their comfort zone to give us a shot.

Still waiting on the physical CD/DVDs to arrive, I'll call the manufacturer tomorrow to see what the delay is.

I'm pretty sure I've responded to everyone who purchased the physical album or made digital purchases of >=$10. If you've made a purchase for 5.1 and I somehow missed getting you a download link, please don't hesitate to email me.

Thanks again everyone!

Dan
[email protected]

Hi Dan,

I purchased the CD + 5.1 DVD but have not received the download link yet.
(ps. I checked my junk/spam etc just in case :) )

[email protected]

Best wishes,
Adam

Quick update. According to UPS, I will receive the physical CD/DVDs tomorrow (they're currently at the local processing facility). I will package and drop them off for shipping to all of you on Saturday! Thanks for your patience everyone!

Dan

So it turns out international shipping is not nearly as expensive as I was told. I have refunded all international purchasers $8 US via PayPal and I've changed the shipping charge on bandcamp.com to $6 for future purchases. I now realize the math doesn't quite work out there, but it's in your favor anyway :)

The only downside is I won't know when it arrives and the US Post Office didn't offer me any idea how long it'd take. The US shipments should arrive around Sept 22nd.
CD1.jpgCD2.jpg

So it turns out international shipping is not nearly as expensive as I was told. I have refunded all international purchasers $8 US via PayPal and I've changed the shipping charge on bandcamp.com to $6 for future purchases. I now realize the math doesn't quite work out there, but it's in your favor anyway :)

The only downside is I won't know when it arrives and the US Post Office didn't offer me any idea how long it'd take. The US shipments should arrive around Sept 22nd.
View attachment 27283View attachment 27284

Refund received here, thanks!! :upthumb

A VERY cool looking package and I just received notification today that it was indeed shipped out.

Something to give a HOOT about for sure!

Many thanks, ordered (y). Looking forward to this.

Looking forward to getting the physical copy, it look great, and thanks for the refund on the Postage. :cool:

Apparently the clerk I spoke to on Saturday was misinformed (to be fair he was a UPS guy, not USPS... so totally my fault for not going to the actual source). I spoke with someone at the USPS today, and he said I need a customs form for each package and that the ones that were picked up on Saturday may or may not make it. :howl

There also seems to be some subjectivity to classifying this as a "larger envelope" or "package" which has two very different shipping rates ($5.10 vs $13.50). UPS charges $90US!! In the mean time I'm going to mail out another copy to all of my international buyers this evening as a "package" to ensure you get this new one. If you happen to get two... just kindly pass it on to a friend :)

If, indeed, I cannot mail this as a "larger envelope" I'll increase the shipping for FUTURE purchases to $10US. Considering BandCamp's and PayPal's cuts, packaging, and printing costs that's as cheap as I'd be able to go. I'm not a professional musican, so getting my music out there at no additional cost is a pretty big win to me. But I'll look into finding a distributor in Europe too.

Dan

Apparently the clerk I spoke to on Saturday was misinformed (to be fair he was a UPS guy, not USPS... so totally my fault for not going to the actual source). I spoke with someone at the USPS today, and he said I need a customs form for each package and that the ones that were picked up on Saturday may or may not make it. :howl

There also seems to be some subjectivity to classifying this as a "larger envelope" or "package" which has two very different shipping rates ($5.10 vs $13.50). UPS charges $90US!! In the mean time I'm going to mail out another copy to all of my international buyers this evening as a "package" to ensure you get this new one. If you happen to get two... just kindly pass it on to a friend :)

If, indeed, I cannot mail this as a "larger envelope" I'll increase the shipping for FUTURE purchases to $10US. Considering BandCamp's and PayPal's cuts, packaging, and printing costs that's as cheap as I'd be able to go. I'm not a professional musican, so getting my music out there at no additional cost is a pretty big win to me. But I'll look into finding a distributor in Europe too.

Dan

5.1 Downloads may be the way to go Dan. Cheaper and easy for everyone, although I appreciate some like to collect physical copies.

Customs declarations are a norm, I always put CD, gift value $5.

Thanks for the music.

Thanks Dan - that's brilliant customer service.

For Europe sales talk to Burning Shed - a nice bunch of people https://www.burningshed.com/

Dan

Back