This guy thinks surround is dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..and to me that guy is dead.. wrong! :p

I've read his claptrap before too. There always have been and always will be anti-surround people, it's their loss if they don't "get it".

Meantime, we are enjoying a bumper year of terrific new surround music releases. Long may it continue!

..and to me that guy is dead.. wrong! :p

I've read his claptrap before too. There always have been and always will be anti-surround people, it's their loss if they don't "get it".

Meantime, we are enjoying a bumper year of terrific new surround music releases. Long may it continue!

Agree, he is out of touch with what is really happening. Perhaps someone should tell him about Atmos too! These guys at the AVS forum are just waiting to get their hands on the tech.

The article was posted in February. I wonder what he'd say about the growing list of surround titles released or announced since then.

Some of his movies are good for a laugh though...

Police-Academy.jpg

Me thinks this guy must live in a cocoon.

(see what I did there?)

That article made me angry. He didn't recognise the people who 'do' have surround systems and are supporting the format. Good for him.

The words end bell ignorant need to be rearranged.

well he is right about sound bar sales..they are starting to take over a large part of sales....and every one of those sales means no surround receiver sales

I see that sound bars are popular, but soon enough people want the real thing. The direct cause of this and our failure to have lots of surround media is demonstrated by the total lack of any type of education. I know it's not conducive to the rules here, but all you need do is see the yahoo article about Spielberg shooting a dinosaur, and the response's he got.
And wonder no more.

I rarely watch a film in surround, stereo is good enough! Music however its got to be in surround :51banana:

Soundbars are probably fine for apartments, people with unenthusiastic spouses (notice I did not say "wives" :) ), limited budgets, etc. You can't kill their existence as they do serve a purpose. However, to claim that their fast acceptance indicates a negative attitude toward surround sound is totally foolish. With that reasoning, headphones, ear buds, and stereo-only car audio systems would also indicate a negative attitude toward surround.

If the default stereo is the only choice, then it's NOT a choice.

Back