Quantcast

Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

IMachine

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Can anyone in the US try to contact someone who made an announcement or has some foot in the music industry? I‘m not sure if it is correct, that you can‘t stream it, because the most of announcements came from the US!?

bracelis

It's even more strange that they're available on Amazon HD in the U.S., but not on Tidal.
Although this is on the Echo Studio only, the point is that the announcement mentioned that they will be streaming on both::
"Dolby Atmos® Mix Of 3-D The Catalog/Der Katalog Streaming On Tidal & Amazon HD"

AmazonMusic_3D.png

MarkyM

Anyone received any updates from Tidal regarding the low volume which was supposedly being fixed?
Nope.

This looks to be heading for yet another surround music format failure if they can’t even get the basics right out of the gate.

What we have so far is a bunch of random tracks haphazardly remixed, a bitrate that is too low and volume that’s 20dB below other music on the service. Great start!

himey

Nope.

This looks to be heading for yet another surround music format failure if they can’t even get the basics right out of the gate.

What we have so far is a bunch of random tracks haphazardly remixed, a bitrate that is too low and volume that’s 20dB below other music on the service. Great start!
...and no Kraftwerk for the USA.

IMachine

QQ Supporter
Wish I had grabbed it before it went out of print.
It‘s not out of Print!
Check this, scroll to Kraftwerk and click on a price!

perzon57

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
The Blu-Ray is even better. ;)
I have the standard bluray,but that's only 8 tracks,and I have played it so many times.Getting a little tired of some of the longer ones,so it was great with some fresh tracks. :cool: I'm impressed with the mix and the to me good sound quality,with deep strong bass.

mrcond

QQ Supporter
It‘s not out of Print!
Check this, scroll to Kraftwerk and click on a price!

Thanks, but this looks like the expensive box with 4 blu-rays. I was looking for the version with just one blu-ray, which I think was selling in the $20-$30 US range. I can't find that anywhere except in the marketplaces for outrageous money. I do appreciate it though.

salsdali

Thanks, but this looks like the expensive box with 4 blu-rays. I was looking for the version with just one blu-ray, which I think was selling in the $20-$30 US range. I can't find that anywhere except in the marketplaces for outrageous money. I do appreciate it though.
pretty sure this is exactly what Jay-Z is bankin' on

he's not giving it to you because it's good (it's not, it's low bitrate), he's giving it to you because you can't get it anywhere else. This applies to his business model for ALL this "new atmos"

notice how none of the atmos he is releasing is remakes of new atmos BD discs? It's low bitrate of songs that have never been released in atmos or is now out of print.

Last edited:

olgitnorm

300 Club - QQ All-Star