Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How I find those illusive Atmos albums, is to use the credit selection for each track and it gives further options eg Go To Album, then save in my collection.
All this is done via my android smartphone.
It is a pain in the arse though, the menu is not user friendly.
But at least they are adding more albums and tracks.
As an early advocate of Dolby Atmos, I owe it to Tidal for getting this streaming service out there.
I'm sticking with it!!

In spite of all my grousing, I'm ponying up and giving it one more month. @beerking, we're counting on you to alert us to exciting new Atmos content!

In spite of all my grousing, I'm ponying up and giving it one more month. @beerking, we're counting on you to alert us to exciting new Atmos content!
Or Eric and Mr Smithers as they are usually straight on it. :SG

Although not today for Mr Smithers, as he is getting plastered to celebrate his teams win in the FA Cup final. That's Arsenal who beat Chelsea 2 1.

Also if you say you are going to end your subscription, Tidal will try to entice you to stay with a discount.

Oh yeah!! This album is quite good!! Not what I expected at first - thought it was rap. Electronica, instrumental, very upbeat. Link to album: Booka Shade - Dear Future Self

DearFutureSelf_BookaShade.jpg

There are new albums: Lianne La Havas, Booka Shade, & Oliver Tree. Plus a new playlist Avid Play. Avid, the video editing company, now has a music distro arm. Very interesting as this is a way for indie artists to get their atmos heard. 30 song playlist.
https://www.avid.com/press-room/202...ibution-service-to-support-dolby--atmos-music
And working through the Avid playlist I found the full Max Cooper Emergence Atmos album. Probably more too, haven't explored deep enough yet...

This one...sucks...but also not my style either. Sorry if I offend anyone :hi

https://tidal.com/browse/album/148716748
View attachment 54745
Completely agree, avoid that Oliver Tree album like the plague.

Also agree for a blind listen that Alessia Cara - This Summer: Live Off The Floor isn't too bad. Same with Gabby Barrett - Goldmine.

I paid my $19 on Monday, but if I'm not seeing some new content in the next 3 weeks it will be my only paid month.

Have they fixed the volume issue yet? I cancelled my subscription until the issue is fixed. I send Dolby a message on Facebook messenger also and they replied they will look into it.

I think they're just going to release it in dribs and drabs each month to keep everyone hooked so not sure what one more month will bring. It will be more like what have they given us all year and that = 12 * $19.99 = 239.88

Not really worth it IMO

Glad to know it has a physical release. After reading the press release below, I was worried that AvidPlay was some kind of Dolby-sponsored astroturf outfit meant to steer indie artists toward streaming and away from optical disks.

I don't usually go for electronica & ambient, either, but I'm digging both this and Max Cooper. Thanks to you and @EricKalet for the tips!
https://news.dolby.com/en-WW/190742...-studio-album-dear-future-self-in-dolby-atmos

Back