Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, there is a 360 version of Tyranny and Mutation on Tidal, but it just sounds like stereo to me.

Yep, there is a 360 version of Tyranny and Mutation on Tidal, but it just sounds like stereo to me.

Well of course since there is no discrete playback equipment for Sony 360 other than (maybe) the ones I mentioned previously.

It's possible to convert the 360 files to flac with some work.

when these artists submit to streaming, do they renew annually or is it a long-term deal?
It seems like they would be better off to come together as one and dictate a better price structure.

when these artists submit to streaming, do they renew annually or is it a long-term deal?
It seems like they would be better off to come together as one and dictate a better price structure.
Various artists and labels have varying degrees of power, sometimes quite less and sometimes a lot more than the streamer has. Who needs to come together when you have all the chips in your lap. It's all for one, and one for all - on your own.

Dump those MQA supporting traders and go with a Streamer that recognizes freedom in music delivery. ;)

Eh? What does MQA have to do with any of this?

It would certainly be great if Sony got their silly competing format to Dolby recognized by anyone else but to date they haven't and the only way to hear those tracks decoded discretely today is to do it yourself.

Eh? What does MQA have to do with any of this?

It would certainly be great if Sony got their silly competing format to Dolby recognized by anyone else but to date they haven't and the only way to hear those tracks decoded discretely today is to do it yourself.

It's amazing how Sony does this at every turn with every new tech. Eventually it will die and they'll have to concede, so we need to wait it out. I don't like how it emulates surround sound on the wh-1000xm4. Would love to know how to decode these tracks though, once there's a way to download the streams... Is there more info on this on the forum?

For tidal, you would only get 360 ra on a mobile device, because that is currently the only client that can decode 360 and that only for certain models of Sony headphones (virtual surround).

All other devices are going to give you stereo, when you ask for a 360 ra track.

For tidal, you would only get 360 ra on a mobile device, because that is currently the only client that can decode 360 and that only for certain models of Sony headphones (virtual surround).

All other devices are going to give you stereo, when you ask for a 360 ra track.

I have the wh-1000xm4 and it doesn't sound very good at all. Definitely feels like there's some kind of sound stage enveloping you but everything I've listened to kinda sounds like a weird upmix.

There are a couple of small Sony speakers that can also play the 360 stuff, the SRS-RA3000 and the bigger 5000.

So much like the Atmos on Amazon HD music situation and the Amazon Echo speaker, currently only playable (natively) on dinky little self-contained speakers or maybe with stereo headphones in some kind of surround emulation mode.

There are a couple of small Sony speakers that can also play the 360 stuff, the SRS-RA3000 and the bigger 5000.

So much like the Atmos on Amazon HD music situation and the Amazon Echo speaker, currently only playable (natively) on dinky little self-contained speakers or maybe with stereo headphones in some kind of surround emulation mode.

For Tidal, connected via HDMI to FireTV, or how? Tidal support is still only showing iOS and Android as supported devices for 360.

https://tidal.com/supported-devices?filter=sony-360

For Tidal, connected via HDMI to FireTV, or how? Tidal support is still only showing iOS and Android as supported devices for 360.

https://tidal.com/supported-devices?filter=sony-360

You can only play from the Tidal app on your phone, but you can pair devices with it. On the tidal app under 360 Audio you can see a list of your paired supported devices, so theoretically it can be anything. I only have the headphones (which you pair from the Sonny Headphones Connect app with the Tidal app) so that's the only way I've been able to listen to this stuff so far.

You can only play from the Tidal app on your phone, but you can pair devices with it. On the tidal app under 360 Audio you can see a list of your paired supported devices, so theoretically it can be anything. I only have the headphones (which you pair from the Sonny Headphones Connect app with the Tidal app) so that's the only way I've been able to listen to this stuff so far.
Listen in true discreet surround, or just listen to it? But difference to me.

Is there a way to play this on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, and send the signal to my JRiver player on PC (via Wi-Fi) and have the PC send the signal to my Oppo and from there on to my receiver, and out to speakers.

or no, that’s just not enough hoops to jump through for now. I’ll need to buy another device probably. Ok

Listen in true discreet surround, or just listen to it? But difference to me.

I just have the latest Sony headphones, so it's some kind of emulation and sounds pretty awful. The SRS-RA5000 has multiple speakers and I expect different things will come out of the different ones, but who knows what that sounds like. Prob not great either. Do we know for a fact these are true surround mixes at all? It all seems pretty strange to me.

I just have the latest Sony headphones, so it's some kind of emulation and sounds pretty awful. The SRS-RA5000 has multiple speakers and I expect different things will come out of the different ones, but who knows what that sounds like. Prob not great either. Do we know for a fact these are true surround mixes at all? It all seems pretty strange to me.
https://helpguide.sony.net/ha/srsra5000/v1/en/contents/TP1000521778.html
So you can play on supported (Sony) devices, besides headphones, but yeah still mobile only and still no discrete outputs.

and there's this setup -HT-A9, a lot of synthesized phantom speakers, sort of Atmos light IMO, but interesting; and does it play well with Tidal?

https://www.sony.com/en-ao/electronics/sound-bars/ht-a9
https://electronics.sony.com/audio/soundbars/all-soundbars/p/hta9
https://electronics.sony.com/360-reality-audio
new un-boxing & review (4 powered speakers-wireless feed?)
Machine gun calibration-LOL. If you have cathedral/high type ceilings, good luck with that!
-Seems like Amazon doesn't have this available (shipping port backed up issues maybe?)
*Make sure and watch the video!

https://www.audioholics.com/surround-sound-reviews/sony-ht-a9

Back