Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So @MrSmithers, @EricKalet, et al.: is there any easy way for you to copy and post a representative playlist of available tracks/artists? When I search for details, all I'm finding so far is this:
Where can I find Dolby Atmos Music content?
In the TIDAL app, navigate to Explore then scroll down to find and select Dolby Atmos.

If your TV is capable of Dolby Atmos playback, you will see a module on your Home screen called Available in Dolby Atmos.

Since I don't yet meet those conditions (my Fire Stick doesn't arrive till next week), I can't see what's there. I know the trial is free, but it still feels like I'm buying a pig in a poke.

Last edited:
So @MrSmithers, @EricKalet, et al.: is there any easy way for you to copy and post a representative playlist of available tracks/artists? When I search for details, all I'm finding so far is this:

Since I don't yet meet those conditions (my Fire Stick doesn't arrive till next week), I can't see what's there. I know the trial is free, but it still feels like I'm buying a pig in a poke.
I'll post some more pics soon...

The Kodi addon isn’t playing the Atmos tracks. I reported the problem to the addon developer.

I couldn’t find very many Atmos tracks either. Not enough to pay $23.99 per month (AUD) for an ongoing subscription, maybe In the future we’ll see a lot more, but now there’s not enough as I don’t listen to Tidal, this subscription would only be for the surround tracks.
I have an ongoing subscription with Tidal, and it's very good to have a taste on certain albums or artists before committing to purchase. It's also great to listen to different masterings in lossless format. But for me it really works because the family plan is incredibly convenient. My wife, my sister and my parents make extensive use of Tidal out of my subscription. I get to use their netflix, and in exchange I'm offering Tidal :)

By the way, I hope they'll fix the app on Kodi (or the Windows app) so that we can also enjoy the demo tracks in Atmos.

Set up the service to Apple TV. So far a positive experience and getting proper surround music to streaming services is of course big news. Content wise based on a quick 1h listen it is a bit mixed bag. Some of the tracks are quite front heavy and atmos doesn't bring much new to the tracks but some are really well done. Especially getting the new atmos albums that haven't been released on disc before (for example Coldplay - Everyday life and The weekend - After hours) are already worth the trial and price and sound good. In total it seems that around 35-40 complete albums are in Atmos (in addition to the individual tracks and playlists discussed earlier). From those, only R.E.M - Automatic for the people has been released on disc earlier as per my understanding (not sure about the classical ones). Will continue listening more..

Last edited:
Start 60 days trial in Tidal - check
Check that I can access Atmos catalogue - check
Rule out it works with Heos - check
Buy Apple TV 4k - check

I should have it in the evening, let's see what I can test today, yippee!

Question: I was able to find the playlists, but how do you search for full albums in Atmos?

Start 60 days trial in Tidal - check
Check that I can access Atmos catalogue - check
Rule out it works with Heos - check
Buy Apple TV 4k - check

I should have it in the evening, let's see what I can test today, yippee!

Question: I was able to find the playlists, but how do you search for full albums in Atmos?
At least on apple tv the albums were listed in the front page view when opening the app. Tried also searching for "dolby atmos" but didn't see those albums at all (only the playlists)

Below is the list of albums I found:

The Weeknd - After Hours
Various Artists - Atmos for androids (for example booka shade and similar electronic)
JoJo - Good to know
Kelly Clarkson - I dare you
J Balvin - Colores
Lil Wayne - Funeral
Halsey - Manic
Meek Mill - Championships
Coldplay - Everyday life
R.E.M - Automatic for the people
Grouplove - Healer
Elic Lu - Chopin: 24 Preludes OP.28
Carreras, Domingo, Pavarotti - The three tenors in concert
Kenny Dorham - Una Mas
Gautied Capucon - Intuitions 3D
Milos Karadaglic - Blackbird - the beatles album
Skeku Kanneh-Mason - Elgar
Skeku Kanneh-Mason - Inspiration
Hank Mobley - The turnaround
Norah Jones - Come away with me
Art Blakey - Moanin'
Eric Dolphy - Out to lunch
Freddie Hubbard - Ready for Freddie
Donal Byrd - Byrd in flight
Giant Green - Idle moments
Daniel Barenboim - Beethoven symphonies 1-9
Wayne Shorter - Speak no evil
Wayne Shorter - Juju
Horace Silver - Songs for my father
Itzhak Perlman - Vivaldi: The four seasons
Alejandro Fernandez - Hecho en Mexico
Dalal - The einaudi sound

Here's some of the playlists. The Classic Rock/Alternative/Soul ones are the most interesting to me...

DA CR1.png

DA2.png
DA3.png

Last edited:
Back