Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it appears the Roku does have the Tidal app. Unfortunately, my Roku Premier is connected to my wifes TV. I mean, I have it secured via velcrow type stuff. It ain't coming off. Dammit. That said, I've been reading on Roku forum and sounds like folks are having similar issues as Fire Stick. What in the MF is going on with all these devices not working? Ugh. Bummer, cause the Roku Premier is very reasonable ($49) and in stock...more or less.
Tidal app yes, Dolby Atmos no. The roku app is also limited on quality above 44/16.

I haven't been able to find a link to all tracks in Atmos. Seems to be piecemeal between playlists, albums and others on here finding Atmos music via searches.

I guess, as even Greg Penny keeps reminding us, we have to be patient. But you have to wonder why Dolby and its partners keep rolling things out--with such fanfare--when they're not quite ready for prime time. If Penny, Genewick, and other high-profile mixers have already finished more than 2000 tracks, then where are they all, and why isn't Tidal showcasing them by making them easier to find and browse?

@EricKalet: you've stayed cool-headed through all of this, and you're a font of information for all of us here at QQ. Dolby and Tidal ought to hire you. Thanks!

LOL! So, I figured out a way to get the Roku unattached, simple hookup on my AVR. Downloaded the Tidal app. Nada....same issues. When I open up the audio choices via my Denon, there is NO mention of Atmos. Also, multi-channel in is missing (sort of the auto setting on my AVR for all sources). Again, it defaults to Dolby Surround (all 5.1.4 speakers are functioning though) and this is simply an upmix and sounds dreadful. I can toggle down to Auro-3D, which oddly sounds way better...but clearly not Atmos.

Off comes the Roku. At least I know I'm not going to buy another Roku...for Tidal that is. Another oddity with the Roku, the settings for Tidal...have no settings. I click on it and it opens a window that says "log out". Bizarre. Settings on the desktop app literally have multiple settings. Why are they so different?

LOL! So, I figured out a way to get the Roku unattached, simple hookup on my AVR. Downloaded the Tidal app. Nada....same issues. When I open up the audio choices via my Denon, there is NO mention of Atmos. Also, multi-channel in is missing (sort of the auto setting on my AVR for all sources). Again, it defaults to Dolby Surround (all 5.1.4 speakers are functioning though) and this is simply an upmix and sounds dreadful. I can toggle down to Auro-3D, which oddly sounds way better...but clearly not Atmos.

Off comes the Roku. At least I know I'm not going to buy another Roku...for Tidal that is. Another oddity with the Roku, the settings for Tidal...have no settings. I click on it and it opens a window that says "log out". Bizarre. Settings on the desktop app literally have multiple settings. Why are they so different?
Here are three videos you might like Gene. He is not my favorite You Tuber but he is really into Atmos.
Techno Dad Apple 4K
Techno Dad Denon Set up

Techno Dad Buying a 4K TV

Heos appears to be an Android or IOS app.
I got it running on my phone and it automatically sees my Denon. I'll test later. Watching a Karcius bluray right now...

TIDAL Atmos does not work through HEOS app to the DENON AVR. Even, it does not say format not supported and switching to Stereo. It gives a file error.

TIDAL /HEOS app to DENON only works for Stereo Tracks.

Back