Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tidal is turning out to be an awesome streaming service for me at work. Stereo only. But it's a massive upgraded in sound quality over my usual youtube. No ads. Loving it, so far. I'd probably keep it strictly on these grounds. Checking out Bob Marley's Exodus album for the first time. :smokin

when I signed up for my trial I thought I saw that they had a military discount. Are you taking advantage of that?

I keep noticing people mention this. Is it possible with the atmos tracks?

https://www.whathifi.com/us/advice/25-tidal-tips-tricks-and-features said:
13. Use offline playback
Be sure to make use of this function, which allows you to listen to tracks when you have no internet connection. This means if you’re out of network range or want to save your phone data, you still have some tracks saved to your device. Be sure to check the download audio quality settings before you start saving tracks (refer to point 10 above).

14. Set a playlist to offline
You can easily download albums and singles to offline on the Tidal mobile app by toggling the offline button at the top of the release page. The desktop experience isn’t quite so simple, as offline is only available on mobile. One way to improve the experience across all the interfaces is to create a playlist, which you then set to offline. You can then add individual tracks and releases to this playlist from any Tidal interface, and all tracks added will automatically sync offline on the mobile app.

15. Multiple offline listening
We mentioned the Tidal Family Plan earlier but even using just one account you can have up to three different offline devices. All three can play music simultaneously. In addition, you can play music in Tidal on your PC or Mac simultaneously with your offline devices. Be sure to de-authorise old devices if you want to start saving offline music on a new phone or tablet.

16. Download to SD card
If you have a smartphone that allows you to expand the memory, then it's worth saving your offline music to an SD card in order to free-up your phone's memory. Head to Settings and you'll find 'Download Destination' - click on memory card instead of internal.

Tidal is turning out to be an awesome streaming service for me at work. Stereo only. But it's a massive upgraded in sound quality over my usual youtube. No ads. Loving it, so far. I'd probably keep it strictly on these grounds. Checking out Bob Marley's Exodus album for the first time. :smokin
I agree, I have been using Tidal at work on little shit speakers since 2014 and I can't wait to really embrace it on the home rig when I am Atmos.
The money you save with a streaming subscription is thousands of dollars.

but are we actually going to get the full albums? Was this an announcement or just wishful thinkin'?
Just wishful thinking on my part. Of course they do have many full albums. I have no idea why they have the ones they have. I’m listening to Horace Silver’s “Song For My Father”. Great jazz classic. But not much of a surround mix. Mostly just ambient rears. Wasnt this probably just a 4 track recording anyway in 1965? Sounds nice, but I have no idea why this one is one they offer.

I lodged a ticket with Tidal re the low volume, got a response asking me to check various non relative settings on my system replied advising them it was nothing to do with my system and that it was being reported on forums from their subscribers in USA and all over a Europe. Just had a further response saying it has been referred to the tech support team for investigation and follow up, asking for patience while they work toward a resolution.
I hope it’s not too late for them to fix this. All of these Atmos tracks are fully 20dB lower than other music or soundtracks.
This will undoubtedly lead to some blown speakers and ears!
Oops!

I hope it’s not too late for them to fix this. All of these Atmos tracks are fully 20dB lower than other music or soundtracks.
This will undoubtedly lead to some blown speakers and ears!
Oops!
This is what they emailed to me yesterday:

Thank you for your patience .
We are aware of the issue regarding Atmos songs streaming volume set is to -20 dB less, by default. We are working with Dolby to fix the issue and hopefully it should be resolved soon.

Regarding the sound cuts at the beginning of track-play, Can you please record it and send us the video so I can escalate it further up.

This is what they emailed to me yesterday:

Thank you for your patience .
We are aware of the issue regarding Atmos songs streaming volume set is to -20 dB less, by default. We are working with Dolby to fix the issue and hopefully it should be resolved soon.

Regarding the sound cuts at the beginning of track-play, Can you please record it and send us the video so I can escalate it further up.

Cool, thanks.

Back