Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this on Rhino's site;

K R A F T W E R K
New Streaming And Download Titles Available July 3
From Parlophone
Dolby Atmos® Mix Of 3-D The Catalog/Der Katalog Streaming On Tidal & Amazon HD
Original German Versions Of Five Studio Albums Available To Stream & Download For The First Time
3-D the Catalogue has been available in "3-D" on Tidal for some time. Let's see if they add Atmos.

Just saw this on Rhino's site;

K R A F T W E R K
New Streaming And Download Titles Available July 3
From Parlophone

Original German Versions Of Five Studio Albums Available To Stream & Download For The First Time
I got excited but then read the fine print.
The five studio albums are stereo not Atmos.

https://alpha-audio.net/2020/06/kraftwerk-dolby-atmos-tracks-on-tidal-and-amazon/
As of today several Kraftwerk-releases on Tidal H-Fi and Amazon Music HD are available for listening. Some of those tracks will also be encoded (or ‘contain’) in Dolby Atmos. The releases that now appear with the mentioned music streaming services fall under the umbrella ‘first time on digital’. One of the highlights is the Dolby Atmos/HD surround mix of Kraftwerk’s Grammy Award winning documentary 3-D The Catalogue from 2017.

https://alpha-audio.net/2020/06/kraftwerk-dolby-atmos-tracks-on-tidal-and-amazon/
As of today several Kraftwerk-releases on Tidal H-Fi and Amazon Music HD are available for listening. Some of those tracks will also be encoded (or ‘contain’) in Dolby Atmos. The releases that now appear with the mentioned music streaming services fall under the umbrella ‘first time on digital’. One of the highlights is the Dolby Atmos/HD surround mix of Kraftwerk’s Grammy Award winning documentary 3-D The Catalogue from 2017.
The way I understand it is that the live show "3D" will be streamed in Atmos.
The 5 studio albums will be available to stream or download. No mention of these being mixed in Atmos.

Hmm, sorry I typed too soon. They're up, but mostly in stereo, and the atmos is up but doesn't play. Ummm. Whoops.
Also why is the Pearl Jam album impossible to find? Is it only for Apple, or is it gone?
(Android phone for finding everything, firestick 4k into Alegra DTR-40.6 receiver, 5.1.2 with two above rear)

Playing Kraftwerk 3D now, in glorious Atmos.
I never expected it to be as good as the physical release but I'll tell you what, the Tidal streaming effort is not bad at all.

Edit: The Robots is a spectacular success as an example of Atmos streaming. :QQlove
Second The Robots in Atmos praise.Found the Kraftwerk on my Firestick to.It was a surprise when I found out it was 34 tracks,almost 3 and a half hour of fantastic Atmos music.o_OThis is the best day in my Tidal Atmos Music endavour.:SB

Back