Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's even more strange that they're available on Amazon HD in the U.S., but not on Tidal.
Although this is on the Echo Studio only, the point is that the announcement mentioned that they will be streaming on both::
"Dolby Atmos® Mix Of 3-D The Catalog/Der Katalog Streaming On Tidal & Amazon HD"

AmazonMusic_3D.png

Anyone received any updates from Tidal regarding the low volume which was supposedly being fixed?
Nope.

This looks to be heading for yet another surround music format failure if they can’t even get the basics right out of the gate.

What we have so far is a bunch of random tracks haphazardly remixed, a bitrate that is too low and volume that’s 20dB below other music on the service. Great start!

Nope.

This looks to be heading for yet another surround music format failure if they can’t even get the basics right out of the gate.

What we have so far is a bunch of random tracks haphazardly remixed, a bitrate that is too low and volume that’s 20dB below other music on the service. Great start!

...and no Kraftwerk for the USA.

Thanks, but this looks like the expensive box with 4 blu-rays. I was looking for the version with just one blu-ray, which I think was selling in the $20-$30 US range. I can't find that anywhere except in the marketplaces for outrageous money. I do appreciate it though.

pretty sure this is exactly what Jay-Z is bankin' on

he's not giving it to you because it's good (it's not, it's low bitrate), he's giving it to you because you can't get it anywhere else. This applies to his business model for ALL this "new atmos"

notice how none of the atmos he is releasing is remakes of new atmos BD discs? It's low bitrate of songs that have never been released in atmos or is now out of print.

Last edited:
Back