Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that the Amazon "Fire TV Stick 4K" is on sale for Amazon Prime Day today. Is this the correct device to choose if I want to try Atmos Streaming on Tidal ?

1602610581732.png

I see that the Amazon "Fire TV Stick 4K" is on sale for Amazon Prime Day today. Is this the correct device to choose if I want to try Atmos Streaming on Tidal ?

View attachment 57807
Yes for me it worked. But i also had to buy an Amazon Ethernet Adapter. I got the info to connect like that on this forum and i am still very grateful for it!

Well, rats ! I should have checked back earlier I guess. The "Fire TV Stick 4K" is no longer on sale today. Oh well. this is certainly not a necessity for me at this point. I can wait for another sale for the Fire TV Stick maybe this coming holiday season. This did motivate me to cancel my Amazon HD Music subscription that I've allowed to run on since last winter hoping that they would open up Atmos streaming to my receiver.

Finally, after reading this thread for months, tonight I finally experienced Atmos via Tidal.
I listened via Amazon Fire 4K Cube, plus my tidal account that I have had since 2016.
I played my first song and my receiver instantly acknowledged, Dolby Atmos. That is most important.
I listened to about 10 songs, as my Atmos experience grows it continues to realize some songs are more Atmos like than others, some songs barely get the height speakers going and some songs do fairly well.
Atmos or not the 5.1 foundation of all the songs was actually pretty good, many songs I have never heard in surround.
They have all there Atmos nice n tidy in a row, lots of choices to experience new music.
Some of the same songs are in multiple play lists, that's OK.
Overall I was quite pleased.

Side note: I have been listening to Atmos music a little here and there over last two weeks, my thoughts are: I like it better than 5.1, more immersive even if I can't hear tambourines and maracas floating around in the sky.
Now I have watched two Atmos movies, and wow, now that is great in Atmos.

Finally, after reading this thread for months, tonight I finally experienced Atmos via Tidal.
I listened via Amazon Fire 4K Cube, plus my tidal account that I have had since 2016.
I played my first song and my receiver instantly acknowledged, Dolby Atmos. That is most important.
I listened to about 10 songs, as my Atmos experience grows it continues to realize some songs are more Atmos like than others, some songs barely get the height speakers going and some songs do fairly well.
Atmos or not the 5.1 foundation of all the songs was actually pretty good, many songs I have never heard in surround.
They have all there Atmos nice n tidy in a row, lots of choices to experience new music.
Some of the same songs are in multiple play lists, that's OK.
Overall I was quite pleased.

Side note: I have been listening to Atmos music a little here and there over last two weeks, my thoughts are: I like it better than 5.1, more immersive even if I can't hear tambourines and maracas floating around in the sky.
Now I have watched two Atmos movies, and wow, now that is great in Atmos.
welcome to the atmos world!

So is anyone here using Atmos on headphones? I just got a Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G with Dolby Atmos built in and I can get the Atmos tracks using Tidal. What do you think? As this thread is now 54 pages long I didn't want to make my way through all 54 pages. I am using Airpod pros currently but I also have several other pairs of headphones. I did read somewhere in this thread that the person didn't think they were actually using the original multis to remix. I can definitely say that I can hear the difference in some of the tracks for sure. Higher Love by Steve Winwood is one for sure. The background vocals by Chaka Khan are mixed very differently than the original. I have also notice other examples. I like Super Bad by James Brown - it's listed as the mono version but definitely is not. Just looking for some opinions. I saw the following on line:

Technically, Dolby Atmos is defined as a surround sound technology that caters 3D cinematic experience. This technology was first utilized in cinema and increasingly became available on TVs and home entertainment. In new mobile devices like Samsung’s latest Galaxy flagship smartphones and tablets, Dolby Atmos brings users immersive virtual surround sound effects and richer audio experience for music, voice, and movies. Both headphones and stereo speakers are supported.

So is anyone here using Atmos on headphones? I just got a Samsung Note20 Ultra 5G with Dolby Atmos built in and I can get the Atmos tracks using Tidal. What do you think? As this thread is now 54 pages long I didn't want to make my way through all 54 pages. I am using Airpod pros currently but I also have several other pairs of headphones. I did read somewhere in this thread that the person didn't think they were actually using the original multis to remix. I can definitely say that I can hear the difference in some of the tracks for sure. Higher Love by Steve Winwood is one for sure. The background vocals by Chaka Khan are mixed very differently than the original. I have also notice other examples. I like Super Bad by James Brown - it's listed as the mono version but definitely is not. Just looking for some opinions. I saw the following on line:

Some impressive specs for a phone Bob!
Are you currently able to get 5G on it?

Stereo speakers and Earphones sound by AKG
  • Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included.)
Ultra high quality audio playback
  • UHQ 32-bit & DSD64/128 support
  • PCM: Up to 32 bits, DSD: DSD64/128
    *DSD64 and DSD128 playback can be limited depending on the file format.
Audio playback format
  • MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF

Yes I am and it is incredible. I can get speeds of about 150mb/s if i am in a good area. I currently have have everything from mp3 to 192/24 FLACs and it all sounds great. Nice thing about TIDAL is that the app unwraps the first MQA so that's as good as 96/24 in headphones or through Android Auto for the car.

Yes I am and it is incredible. I can get speeds of about 150mb/s if i am in a good area. I currently have have everything from mp3 to 192/24 FLACs and it all sounds great. Nice thing about TIDAL is that the app unwraps the first MQA so that's as good as 96/24 in headphones or through Android Auto for the car.

Kraftwerk 3d yet?

Back