Tidal Adds Dolby Atmos Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait, that Meh hee Co intro to Hotel Cali wtf?

almost better than The Big Lebowski version

very hard comparison lol

I'm SoCali and this is Authentic Mexican, either version, but doesn't there have to be a winner?

Nortenos vs Surenos

Please, someone, upload the atmos Tidal intro to Hotel Cali so we can compare

Last edited:
so I got suckered back in to a $2 for 2 months re-activation deal to Tidal Hi-Fi via email and yup, low sound volume still sucks (are you kidding me, they haven't fixed this simple issue yet?).

Next, I'm only interested in 1-10% of the atmos songs but hey, if those 10% are good then it'll be worth $2 and then I'ma move my ass to Apple in 2 months because I suspect Apple will stream in a higher bitrate than Tidal.

I'm assuming Apple will have completely different albums and tracks with different under contract mixers than Tidal has so that will be worth the price of a free months trial lol
How the heck you guys getting 4 months for $4 or 2 months for $2 when I complain to them that I’m paying $19 and associates are paying so much less? I’ve been with them for around 2 years now and still being told that your associates are lying

How the heck you guys getting 4 months for $4 or 2 months for $2 when I complain to them that I’m paying $19 and associates are paying so much less? I’ve been with them for around 2 years now and still being told that your associates are lying
Same as salsdali, I received a targeted email that says the deal is only available through the email. I suggest you quit the service for a month and they will likely offer you a similar deal to get you back. That’s how the game is played apparently. Loyalty counts for nothing it seems.

I joined with an offer and quit after paying full price for a month. Simultaneously, my wife joined for 4 months for $4. After about 3 months, Tidal offered me $4 for 4 months so I joined and my wife quit. My promotion ended so I just quit a few weeks ago and they've only offered me 20% off. Meanwhile, my wife just received an offer of 2 months for $2.

TL, DR: wait long enough after quitting and you'll get an offer.

Going back to track to discuss what's in Tidal, I'm really impressed with St. Vincent's album mix. It's a very very adventurous mix, fully discreet and with crazy panning and swirling and all too gimmicky. Really does justice to the quirkiness of the music.

Track 5, The Melting of The Sun seems to be the standout track for the Atmos mix?

so I got my Tidal app on Windows 10 and sound settings set to "Dolbly atmos for Home theater" but I am only getting 7.1 DD Surround on my receiver thru hdmi and not atmos. I get atmos on PowerDvd on the same win 10 computer so it's not a hardware issue, must be a setting I'm missing?

anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
Going back to track to discuss what's in Tidal, I'm really impressed with St. Vincent's album mix. It's a very very adventurous mix, fully discreet and with crazy panning and swirling and all too gimmicky. Really does justice to the quirkiness of the music.
Track 5, The Melting of The Sun seems to be the standout track for the Atmos mix?

My first listen was somewhat bland. Perhaps because not my favourite style and I didn't know her, previously.

But thanks to both comments above, I did a more detailed listening and yes, it is really discrete Atmos moving sounds everywhere. And now I appreciate the variety of instrumentation and her style.

It is very similar to the Yello-Point (not the music style), that we use to name as a reference for the moving discrete Atmos sounds. While Yello-Point has mainly different 'static' sounds that appear randomly everywhere, this one has more moving and panning sounds instead that makes it insteresting.

Last edited:
My first listen was somewhat bland. Perhaps because not my favourite style and I didn't know her, previously.

But thanks to both comments above, I did a more detailed listening and yes, it is really discrete Atmos moving sounds everywhere. And now I appreciate the variety of instrumentation and her style.

It is very similar to the Yello-Point (not the music style), that we use to name as a reference for the moving discrete Atmos sounds. While Yello-Point has mainly different 'static' sounds that appear randomly everywhere, this one has more moving and panning sounds instead that makes it insteresting.

I am starting to really like this album. It is the first album I have listened to of hers as a whole. I have seen her live performances on SNL and Austin City Limits and always liked her style and diversity. This mix is much better than I anticipated.

so I got my Tidal app on Windows 10 and sound settings set to "Dolbly atmos for Home theater" but I am only getting 7.1 DD Surround on my receiver thru hdmi and not atmos. I get atmos on PowerDvd on the same win 10 computer so it's not a hardware issue, must be a setting I'm missing?

anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I don't believe Computers/PC's/Windows 10 is considered a compatible app, program or device...see here: Dolby Atmos Music

Heads Up new AppleTV very buggy on Tidal. Some songs wont play, extended black screens that later bump you back to previous menus, there are no user interface screen change speed related improvements from the better hardware, if anything slower clunkier. The new remote is nice, suggest that those considering the upgrade just change to the new remote.

New in Tidal this week: Moby's Reprise album. I listened in stereo and the new versions of Moby's classics are really good (not all, being fair).
I'm starting the first listen in Atmos and seems to be good stuff with orchestra everywhere... more later if my family lets me continue

A lot to ask but does anyone have a link to a playlist with every Atmos full album that is available?

Has Tidal fixed the volume mismatch issue, where Atmos titles were 20 dB below other titles?

Apologies if this question was previously addressed, I’ve been out of the loop.

Has Tidal fixed the volume mismatch issue, where Atmos titles were 20 dB below other titles?

Apologies if this question was previously addressed, I’ve been out of the loop.

not as far as I can tell and it pisses me off to no end, that's why I will only use their Cheap trials until Apple Music kicks their ass lol

Back