Tidal Atmos Tracks on NVIDIA Shield Really Quiet/Anemic

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesterSalt

I was excited to finally get Atmos working on my shield, and indeed it is. I have it going into a Yamaha RX-A1080 AVR. It's just really quiet. I have it about half way up on the volume and at that same volume using Spotify connect, it's WAY louder/better.

I also tried the shield going straight into the TV and using the ARC into the receiver, same result. I checked the volume on the shield and it's all the way up.

Thanks for any help!

crank the volume. Just make sure you lower before you play another source or even a Tidal stereo track.

See here

To be honest it just doesn't seem worth it to me. It's just not noticeably better to me than the upmixed Spotify connect. Maybe if these AVRs start supporting Tidal connect with Atmos that would be different.

To be honest it just doesn't seem worth it to me. It's just not noticeably better to me than the upmixed Spotify connect. Maybe if these AVRs start supporting Tidal connect with Atmos that would be different.

Back