• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

HiRez Poll Tipper - SURROUNDED [DVD-A]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD-A of Tipper - SURROUNDED

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

hafquark

If you like chill electronica with a touch of glitch, this may be up your alley. Excellent sound and imaginative surround mix. I've played this one many times and still bring it out for a spin from time to time.

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This one just found its way into my collection. I see it's only got 9 votes so far so I'll chime in to push it over the top.

The mix is a 10. Very active and discrete. However, while I do enjoy some electronica and trip hop, I have to say that musically speaking I was underwhelmed by this. There really wan't anything musically that I could latch onto. It certainly is a great demo disc if you're trying to turn someone who's into electronica on to 5.1 mixes. The album is available on iTunes so you can check out sound samples before committing to it. If you like the samples, then you're sure to love the 5.1 mix.

I am going with an 8.

Green

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Guys!! I just discovered this and what a great surprise! A straight 10 for mix (it's off the hook!!), sound quality (24/96), style and INNOVATION. What an original album! I love it. I wish there was more music like this. A real treat.

Is anybody aware of anything similar in 5.1 Electronica? I tried Legion of Boom, Amon Tobin's Splinter Cell ("Chaos Theory") 5.1 soundtrack, and Richie Hawtin's DE9 | Transitions. None really got me (perhaps I should give them another try). BT's "Monster" works great though.[/QUOTE

Reflections SACD by Paul van Dyk Solid trance, electronic dance music in 5.1 "Nothing But You" is phenominal. She sings one line over and over in Norwegian it translates to: I have nothing but when I have you I have everything.

:smoking Here is a taste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9u2DtCJde8

Last edited:

phrostbyte

Agreed with PVD reflections sacd and crystal method dvd-a, blue man group is quite good too. One thing I noticed is that the last track isn't available in MLP, but DVD-A Extractor is only showing the MLP track.. so only 11 tracks. Strange.. gonna try some different software to see if I can get that last track.

The Bright Side

Agreed with PVD reflections sacd and crystal method dvd-a, blue man group is quite good too. One thing I noticed is that the last track isn't available in MLP, but DVD-A Extractor is only showing the MLP track.. so only 11 tracks. Strange.. gonna try some different software to see if I can get that last track.
Yeah, it's only on the video layer in Dolby Digital. Lovely little track and the sound quality is excellent despite DD. You can extract it with dvdae, for instance (www.dvdae.com).

The Bright Side

Oh, and yes, I've come to appreciate (and snag) the Paul van Dyk and Crystal Method disks! PvD was crazy expensive but worth it. Blue Man Group... Perhaps I should give that one another chance, too.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I think it should be renamed Tripper
I reckon the guys at Myutopia Recordings were taking some of what cows eat, to get the mix like this, it is a sure fire 10 for the mix.
I just feel it's slightly let down by the content, so overall its a 9
Don't get me wrong, I like Downtempo and ambient music, this just lacks a bit of grab you by the you know what's!!