HiRez Poll Tipper - SURROUNDED [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Tipper - SURROUNDED

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD-Audio release. (n):phones(y)

I was going to upload some scans, but it doesn't seem to be working...:(

Anyway - I really like this disc...

This one is still available at a (very) reasonable price as a Dualdisc, so if you're keen on electronica grab a copy..

One thing I've noticed is that the last track "Illabye" isn't in Hi-rez (at least on the Dualdisc version)... is it the same on the single disc DVD-A version????

Last edited:
I was going to upload some scans, but it doesn't seem to be working...:(

Anyway - I really like this disc...

This one is still available at a (very) reasonable price on DVD-A, so if you're keen on electronica grab a copy..

One thing I've noticed is that the last track "Illabye" isn't in Hi-rez (at least on the Dualdisc version)... is it the same on the single disc DVD-A version????

I'll add some pix today, LK.

I hadn't noticed the final track only being in lossy, I'll check out the DVD-A tonight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Guys!! I just discovered this and what a great surprise! A straight 10 for mix (it's off the hook!!), sound quality (24/96), style and INNOVATION. What an original album! I love it. I wish there was more music like this. A real treat.

Kind of frustrating that Illabye is only on the DD version, but I ripped everything to FLAC and simply tacked Illabye on at the end, so now I can hear all tracks in their respective best qualities. Illabye's a very lovely track, and I must say the whole DD version of the album sounds very good, so it's no big deal.

Is anybody aware of anything similar in 5.1 Electronica? I tried Legion of Boom, Amon Tobin's Splinter Cell ("Chaos Theory") 5.1 soundtrack, and Richie Hawtin's DE9 | Transitions. None really got me (perhaps I should give them another try). BT's "Monster" works great though.

In the electronic genre you could try:
'
The Moloko - Statues SACD (awesome IMHO)....You could also try Fischerspooner - No1 or Art of Noise - Daft - I only really like the first track on this though....

"Versebridgechorus?" by Kinobe is superb in 5.1. The SACD of it is not easy to track down nowadays for sensible money but if you find it, grab it, you won't be disappointed.

I echo Otto's recommendation for the Yellow Note DualDisc/DVDA "We Love Everybody You're Next" and LK's recommendation of "Statues" by Moloko on SACD too, the mixes and sound quality on both are great, the Moloko SACD surround mix being a bit less adventurous than the wacky Yellow Note DVDA but Roisin Murphy's vocals on the SACD have never sounded better, they are breathtaking.

also worth mentioning are the Groove Armada SACDs. my favourite surround mix is "Goodbye Country Hello Nightclub".. content wise I prefer their "Vertigo" album.

oh and if you don't have them already, The Bright Side, the DVD-A's of Beck's "Guero" and Linkin' Parks' "Reanimation" are real tours de force mixwise, even though they're not my cup of tea musically!

Here are scans of the Dualdisc...FYI
View attachment 7262
View attachment 7263

Wooow!! Thank you for this recommendation!! I received this today and I'm really enjoying it, pleasantly surprised =) Aggressive mix, excellent quality (96/24) and great extras (ad hoc to the music). All for 10.5 UK pounds brand new shipping included =)

I'll take time later to listen to other links posted here.

All the best!

Guys!! I just discovered this and what a great surprise! A straight 10 for mix (it's off the hook!!), sound quality (24/96), style and INNOVATION. What an original album! I love it. I wish there was more music like this. A real treat.

Kind of frustrating that Illabye is only on the DD version, but I ripped everything to FLAC and simply tacked Illabye on at the end, so now I can hear all tracks in their respective best qualities. Illabye's a very lovely track, and I must say the whole DD version of the album sounds very good, so it's no big deal.

Is anybody aware of anything similar in 5.1 Electronica? I tried Legion of Boom, Amon Tobin's Splinter Cell ("Chaos Theory") 5.1 soundtrack, and Richie Hawtin's DE9 | Transitions. None really got me (perhaps I should give them another try). BT's "Monster" works great though.

There are few better albums than BT's "This Binary Universe." Very highly recommended.

Back