To anyone in the Louisiana/Texas area affected by Hurricane Laura please be safe and check in afterwards to let us know you are OK......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really should change the nomenclature to GLOBAL WARNING! Ironically, hurricane season doesn't 'normally' begin until mid to late September and as IDA barrels towards the Gulf Coast with a category 4 ferocity, hopefully our beloved KAP who has felt the KRUNCH of so many previous hurricanes and his spouse will be safe. The RAIN in SPAIN ...was NEVER quite like THIS!

See the source image

BLIMEY, SPARE MY OPPO and MY 5.1 AVR!
Actually hate to correct you but the actual HEIGHT OF HURRICANE SEASON is Sept 12 my ex’s BD….. the season actually begins June or July 1 and ends end of October

Actually hate to correct you but the actual HEIGHT OF HURRICANE SEASON is Sept 12 my ex’s BD….. the season actually begins June or July 1 and ends end of October

WEATHER you're right or wrong, MM....I'm stickin' to my guns ....... September IS hurricane season unless the fates dictate otherwise! And who are WE to question the FATES?

WEATHER you're right or wrong, MM....I'm stickin' to my guns ....... September IS hurricane season unless the fates dictate otherwise! And who are WE to question the FATES?
Yes all of Sept is…. But Bay News 9 our local 24 hr tv news station here in the Tampa area starts their hurricane watch updates 2x an hour from June or July 1 to the end of Oct

Yes all of Sept is…. But Bay News 9 our local 24 hr tv news station here in the Tampa area starts their hurricane watch updates 2x an hour from June or July 1 to the end of Oct

What do former Canadians know about Hurricane Season in the lower 50's, MM? LOL! In recent years, Hurricane season was normally a FALL event but with Global Warming everything has changed! Warmer Temperatures have created global CHAOS!

I'm 90 miles northeast of New Orleans. If the storm stays on track (going north to Baton Rouge, then veering right), we'll get lots of rain, and maybe 70 mile an hour winds at worst. Not as bad as Katrina!

I've fully battened down the hatches. Worst case scenario is loss of power for perhaps a day or so. Boring. But I won't have to go to work on Monday 8').

I'm 90 miles northeast of New Orleans. If the storm stays on track (going north to Baton Rouge, then veering right), we'll get lots of rain, and maybe 70 mile an hour winds at worst. Not as bad as Katrina!

I've fully battened down the hatches. Worst case scenario is loss of power for perhaps a day or so. Boring. But I won't have to go to work on Monday 8').
Good to hear from you before and hopefully after as well! With out power for a day is a big deal if you rely on a sump pump!

Good to hear from you you and hopefully after as well! With out power for a day is a big deal if you rely on a sump pump!

Speaking of sump pumps, my biggest worry is what I'll do with my two nano aquarium tanks without power for a day or so. Fortunately Katrina taught the local water companies to have backup generators, so water won't be a problem this time around. The temps without air conditioning mean that I won't have to worry about heating (8'/ it will be hot). I can open the blinds for light (I go more for underwater plants than fish). Aeration is the problem, but I can do lots of water changes. Every summer I buy lots of canned tuna / chicken as a hurricane kit, and tomorrow morning I'll boil lots of eggs, so with a bit of celery / onion / bread / crackers / and of course -- beer! -- I'll have food and entertainment (lol) for the dark nights ahead. . . .

Stay safe, those further south than me! I'm sure you'll have stories to share!

With gigantic forest fires to the West of me, hurricanes to the East, I'm feeling pretty good about living in the middle of The Middle.

But Hurricane Ida is serious trouble & once again headed straight for New Orleans. A shout out to @kap'n krunch & others in the area to be safe & let us know how you're doing.

A live web cam on Bourbon Street shows sunny and dry right now but it won't be this time tomorrow:

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=catsmeow2
And for news junkies like me this is a pretty good site for mobile or desktop:

https://www.wdsu.com/local-news#
Thank you @Sonic Wiz for remembering us in "hurricane alley"!!!
Yes, this one is driving everybody a bit insane (as if we needed an extra push!) and since last year's botched forecast when they announced a "Tropical Storm" and it wound up being a Category 3 or 4 Hurricane I thjink this year they are trying to play it safe...but then, you can NEVER tell with the Tropics...cause they're HOT!!! so me and the wife are hunkering down for this one and we'll report back when we come out of the other side of the tunnel.. I just hope it's more or less like last year's 4 days without electricity or so...

I went to NOLA for the first time in my life this past May. I've rarely met such wonderful and kind people. Hoping for the best for all there, please be safe.

I must agree with you. Been to NOLA 3>4 times. It is a city packed with music where ever you go. And friendliest people I've ever met. Not to sound glib under the circumstances, but a Hurricane (or Skylab) at Pat O'Briens is a tourist delight!

Back