To anyone in the Louisiana/Texas area affected by Hurricane Laura please be safe and check in afterwards to let us know you are OK......

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go again but this time it's Hurricane Sally. It looks like Texas is excluded but Louisiana gets hit again. I've been keeping tabs on NOLA local news:

https://www.wdsu.com/local-news
To all those in the storms path, again, I hope all turns out better than what they are predicting. Take care.

Latest forecast has the category 2 hurricane [upon landfall] shifting toward the East. Although New Orleans is in the cone, it won't be hopefully as devastating but what's frightening is the rain totals. Some parts will experience 24 inches of rainfall which in itself can be catastrophic. And as Sonik Wiz reports, the amount of potential hurricanes and Tropical Storms brewing in the Atlantic because of elevated 5 to 10 degree water temperatures is a major cause for concern.

Latest forecast has the category 2 hurricane [upon landfall] shifting toward the East. Although New Orleans is in the cone, it won't be hopefully as devastating but what's frightening is the rain totals. Some parts will experience 24 inches of rainfall which in itself can be catastrophic. And as Sonik Wiz reports, the amount of potential hurricanes and Tropical Storms brewing in the Atlantic because of elevated 5 to 10 degree water temperatures is a major cause for concern.
Yes you are exactly right. The rain will be significant. Has there ever been a hurricane named Noah?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ring-historic-flooding-gulf-coast/5801627002/

Latest track of Hurricane: Category 2 making landfall along Tennessee/Mississippi coasts. New Orleans dodged another bullet, THANKFULLY.

Are there any QQers in the eye of the storm? If so, take precautions. Rainfall totals are predicted as EXCESSIVE!

Latest track of Hurricane: Category 2 making landfall along Tennessee/Mississippi coasts. New Orleans dodged another bullet, THANKFULLY.

Are there any QQers in the eye of the storm? If so, take precautions. Rainfall totals are predicted as EXCESSIVE!

Man, that's some storm surge!!! ;).

Sally was sneaking through (hurricane) alley to the east of me, so we've only had a bit of wind (and even less rain!) so far. Brunt tomorrow, but we're on the cold shoulder and will miss most of the fun.

Mobile will be thoroughly soaked by morning. It's a slow mover. Latest news is that there's a storm brewing off the Texas coast that may impact the north Gulf.

2020 continues in all its glory!

With gigantic forest fires to the West of me, hurricanes to the East, I'm feeling pretty good about living in the middle of The Middle.

But Hurricane Ida is serious trouble & once again headed straight for New Orleans. A shout out to @kap'n krunch & others in the area to be safe & let us know how you're doing.

A live web cam on Bourbon Street shows sunny and dry right now but it won't be this time tomorrow:

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=catsmeow2
And for news junkies like me this is a pretty good site for mobile or desktop:

https://www.wdsu.com/local-news#

This one is gonna do some serious harm. I sincerely hope it doesn't veer to the north since there has been a prevailing wind current going from southwest to northeast but it looks like it's moving away right now...
Here in NOLA it's been VERY quiet.
Lots of people have evacuated.
I am sure we will get plenty of rain and sustained winds but thankfully we ar enot in the middle of its path.
Not in the middle but if you are to the EAST of it you will get the worst of it..PLEASE BE CAREFUL ITS WORSE THAN KATRINA

They really should change the nomenclature to GLOBAL WARNING! Ironically, hurricane season doesn't 'normally' begin until mid to late September and as IDA barrels towards the Gulf Coast with a category 4 ferocity, hopefully our beloved KAP who has felt the KRUNCH of so many previous hurricanes and his spouse will be safe. The RAIN in SPAIN ...was NEVER quite like THIS!

See the source image

BLIMEY, SPARE MY OPPO and MY 5.1 AVR!

Last edited:
Back