To take into your consideration: Marantz SR 7012 as a HEAT SOURCE!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Marantz 7010 runs on average at 95 degrees using a AC Infinity fan. Even with the unit off it is still feeding zone 2 over HDMI and still runs at the same temp. When I crank it it can run up to 98 and the fans start to ramp up in speed to keep it under control. I added weather stripping between the fan and the receiver as it was pulling air thru the gap and reading a lower temperature.

20200712_114955.jpg

Yikes. I've been thinking of replacing an old Onkyo with a mid-level Marantz for a while--the 6013 or 6014 (or whatever its replacement turns out to be), whenever in its life cycle I can once again find a refurbished unit at a good discount. But I have an enclosed cabinet--i.e., it only opens in front. Does a fan like this one channel enough heat away from the receiver that I could stack an Oppo on top of it without damaging the Oppo?

Even my Onkyo runs hot, but not that hot. Right now I just have the Oppo elevated about 3 inches on wooden feet, and then I have a single quiet fan in the back of the cabinet, blowing out air from back to front.

My Marantz 7010 runs on average at 95 degrees using a AC Infinity fan. Even with the unit off it is still feeding zone 2 over HDMI and still runs at the same temp. When I crank it it can run up to 98 and the fans start to ramp up in speed to keep it under control. I added weather stripping between the fan and the receiver as it was pulling air thru the gap and reading a lower temperature.

View attachment 53878
Great to know about this AC Infinity fans Mark, I might want one of these for my Marantz AVR and maybe these for my hot U-verse box:
https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-...omputer+Cabinet+Cooling&qid=1594582048&sr=8-1

I too have a Marantz SR 8012. Put it this way, I have a central heating radiator in my man cave, which has never needed to be on, since I had the Marantz.
It sits on top of a metal/glass open cabinet.
Just checked the temp, it is 35.2C!! which is the 95F mark.
I don't use any cooling fans, I just open the windows (sorry neighbours!!) in the summer. :)

Does a fan like this one channel enough heat away from the receiver that I could stack an Oppo on top of it without damaging the Oppo?
You get one that will exhaust out of the front, top or back. Mine is thru the back

Last edited:
I too have a Marantz SR 8012. Put it this way, I have a central heating radiator in my man cave, which has never needed to be on, since I had the Marantz.
I don't use any cooling fans, I just open the windows (sorry neighbours!!) in the summer. :)
HA!
Precisely my point!!!
It would be GREAT if I lived in Eire or Galicia!!!

I have read that a separate amp will reduce the heat. I am looking at the 2020 Marantz lineup and am worried about heat. I would hate to have to buy an amplifier just to get a Marantz.

I use my Daikin for heating. It does a great job but does not sound as good as the SR8012
Screenshot_2020-07-13-22-22-07-94_39001e9585123f16e2a576f7b0568a89.jpg
;)

Running the video to the TV if possible and turning the video processing off has cooled down my Yamaha RX-V781. I've read the same about other amps.

🇨🇦 cheers!

Back