toad - less company - free 5.1 remaster (24/96 FLAC, IAA)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate IAA of toad - LESS COMPANY

• 8: I have a couple of gripes with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7: Wow, there's a serious flaw.

• 6: Too much bass. Also no catchy lyric every 5 seconds.

• 5: Meh. At least it exists.

• 4: The only thing good is the artwork design.

• 3: The only saving grace is the fact that toad's name is toad.

• 2: The blue flamingo on the cover bit me!

• 1: Why did Mr. Afternoon waste my time?

• Total voters

Mr. Afternoon

Mixing Engineer & Artist
It should appear on the IAA storefront soon. Yes, it's a free download, the artist wished for it to be. It's a short one, but hopefully y'all will enjoy! :LB Put your thoughts here!

⚠ Warning: Bass go boom.

cover.png

Note: This is a vastly different mix than the beta mix I posted here a while ago.

Last edited:
These files arent opening in my Denon 4308CI that reads by USB only 32/44.1 and 48khz sample frequency.

I think so. After checking its manual it informs that flac.files may be reproduced by USB since it is 32/44.1 or 48khz samping

See the picture from 4308CI manual

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220405-100337_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220405-100337_Drive.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 38
I suppose it works.
It doesnt mention any restriction relate to 5.1
You are correct, it doesn't mention it, but it's a fact that has been discussed on this forum on multiple threads. Most of us who own 5.1 flac files either:

A. Have them on a NAS and stream them.
B. Have them on a USB device that is attached directly to our BDA player (Oppo, for example)

No one is able to plug a USB directly into our Denons (or other AVR for that matter) and get 5.1 to work. Only 2.0

Thank you for the explanation.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but which means the acronomys of the frases below?

A. Have them on a NAS and stream them.
B. Have them on a USB device that is attached directly to our BDA player (Oppo, for example)

Thank you for the explanation.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but which means the acronomys of the frases below?
No worries, my knowledge is limited as well! (y)

NAS = Network Attached Storage. I have mine direct wired to my router, which I can then access from my dedicated laptop, which is hooked up to my Denon AVR. I use a media player (Foobar2000) to play those flac files.

1649171197683.png

BDA - I just mean my Oppo Blu-Ray player. If you have a blu-ray player that has a USB, you can then plug in your USB device there and play your 5.1 flac files. I assume many folks here on QQ use that route.

BDA - I just mean my Oppo Blu-Ray player. If you have a blu-ray player that has a USB, you can then plug in your USB device there and play your 5.1 flac files. I assume many folks here on QQ use that route.

Sony X800 for me, Oppos above my pay grade. 💸
USB needs to come from a disc spinner that can send multichannel thru HDMI to your AVR (Audio-Video Receiver).

Back