Tom Petty: "Wildflowers - All the Rest" Atmos Streaming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere Under Heaven seems to be the most different from the stereo mix. Or mixes, it this case.
The 2015 and 2020 versions are a little different too.

Interesting song in that Mike Campbell did everything and Tom didn't remember doing it at all! It's hard to tell if the tom fill is a loop or not. According to the credits, Campbell played drums. In Atmos, it's very different, but I love it.
I've never heard Campbell talk about it on his instagram song series.
What do you think? Real toms played as overdubs? Tape loop? Drum machine? Recorded Sept 30, 1992, a year or more before most of the other songs, before Ferrone, and before Rubin was involved.

Somewhere Under Heaven seems to be the most different from the stereo mix. Or mixes, it this case.
The 2015 and 2020 versions are a little different too.

Interesting song in that Mike Campbell did everything and Tom didn't remember doing it at all! It's hard to tell if the tom fill is a loop or not. According to the credits, Campbell played drums. In Atmos, it's very different, but I love it.
I've never heard Campbell talk about it on his instagram song series.
What do you think? Real toms played as overdubs? Tape loop? Drum machine? Recorded Sept 30, 1992, a year or more before most of the other songs, before Ferrone, and before Rubin was involved.

Spooky,I read this post and I'm just now playing Somewhere under Heaven.o_O

Listening to this now. I’ve loved this album since it came out. It’s amazing, but I’m seriously disappointed that they decided to use an alternate version of a song in the original running order of the record. Make it a bonus track or something. Otherwise, it is fantastic.

Back