Tom Petty: "Wildflowers - All the Rest" Atmos Streaming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's the song Ryan posted initially. Pretty strange song for Petty with the changing time signatures. I love it!
I sure do hope Dana and Adria can agree. Honestly I don't see the problem with just licensing his face for anything and everything, and releasing everything recorded. Ryan Ulyate and Mike Campbell would oversee it. Let's go.
Speaking of, I hope we see The Heartbreakers cash in a bit. Why not have them play All Things Must Pass this year, or tour Petty albums with other singers.
hmmm...Dhani Harrison, Beck, Nathaniel Rateliff, Sturgill Simpson, Jeff Lynne, Clapton ? ? ?

New song/"home recording" of You Don't Know How It Feels premieres in a little less than an hour.

Adria Petty said they're going through and listening to the WIldflowers unreleased stuff. Hmmm!
Ryan Ulyate has discussed it previously.

Info on the songs. Many are already out in some form. The Tortured History of Tom Petty's 'Wildflowers' Outtakes

Lots of info in this: Tom Petty’s Daughter Says ‘Wildflowers’ Outtakes Project Is Coming, Shares Demo (Listen)
Differences were apparently resolved last December: Tom Petty's Widow, Daughters to Jointly Run Estate After Resolving Differences

No info on surround of course, but since Ryan Ulyate is handling the audio, there is at least a chance of some (tame) surround mixes.
That's quite the turnaround, and guess who's to be congratulated for turning their once bitter snipping into blissful unity 😬
And tough crowd here tonight, very few viewings.

https://store.tompetty.com/
The 5 CD super-deluxe edition of Wildflowers contains 70 tracks, 9 unreleased songs, and 34 unreleased versions. In addition to the 15 track original album (remastered on 2 LPs), the deluxe edition contains the album All The Rest (10 songs from the original Wildflowers sessions), a disc of 15 solo demos recorded by Petty at his home studio, and an additional disc of 14 live versions of Wildflowers songs recorded from 1995 – 2017. Exclusive to the super-deluxe, this edition also includes a CD of 16 alternate versions recorded in the studio (“Finding Wildflowers”). The super-deluxe packaging includes an 80-page hardbound book, an introduction by Rick Rubin (the original producer), an essay by David Fricke, a complete track-by-track, and rare photos and specially commissioned illustrations. Additionally, this edition includes an exclusive lithograph, a replica of the 1995 “Dogs With Wings” tour program, the Wildflowers logo as a cloth patch and a sticker, reproductions of Tom’s handwritten lyrics of four songs, and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

I want to go for the Super Deluxe 5 CD version, because of the book and the "Finding Wildflowers" alternate take disc.
As far as I can tell, it's only available from the Petty and Warner sites. $150 is a lot, especially now. :cautious:

Back