Tomita - Bermuda Triangle

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Anyone remember this one? I wonder how many were made?
tomita.JPG

Last edited:
Very few, i suppose, since it is a japanese-only release, and CD4 only, along with Daphnis et Chloe.

Well, of course...that's the special radio station edition with excerpts only, balanced for broadcast....:D

This is one I haven't heard in Quad. Nice album, coral vinyl, and one snippet from it was used in Carl Sagan's COSMOS TV series. Must be rare in Quad, knew it existed but have never seen one up close & personal(if I had, it'd be in my collection).

ED :)

Too bad there has been no quad tape version of any kind.

Very few, i suppose, since it is a japanese-only release, and CD4 only, along with Daphnis et Chloe.

Of course, Daphnis et Chloe was actually sold in the USA with an RCA catalog number (sticker on the Japanese LP), but this one, I recall, was only available mail order for a very short time, and only within the then "quad community".

I am sure "Quad First" will remember all of the details on this one (Bermuda Triangle), if he happens to see this thread, or maybe Larry Clifton.
Tomita Bolero.jpg

Last edited:
Am i wrong or... Daphnis is the last cd4 ever made?

Got it just today... anyone has a idea what does it means the logo BIPHONIC at the end of the white/blue insert paper? Sound weird for a quad!

I've just noticed now a weird thing: below the R4C serial number on the label there is in bracket also ARD1 2885. This is the RCA USA CD4 numbering scheme. Probably slated for USA release too, but never done?

The last CD-4 made (at least commercially) was RCA Japan R4C-2069, and it was sold in the USA through normal RCA USA distrubition channels. At that time, I was setup as a record dealer and purchased them direct. They came through from RCA USA with a suggested list price sticker, to alert the dealer that it carried a higher than normal list price. I was told that 200 copies were imported at that time. I know it wasn't available long, I got an order or two of them, then within a few months it was deleted. In Japan, Kosmos, spelled Cosmos on their release, was the rarest. For some reason in Japan RCA sold it only briefly, while here it was available up until the end of CD-4 sales. The graphics are entirely different on the Japan release of Kosmos as well.

Haven't seen the Kosmos Q8 image on the original post i took the freedom to place it myself.
What is really odd for "Kosmos" is that CD4, Q8 and QR all have different tracklist.

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks to Nick and Aldo for the pictures! I love that stuff.

Haven't seen the Kosmos Q8 image on the original post i took the freedom to place it myself.
What is really odd for "Kosmos" is that CD4, Q8 and QR all have different tracklist.

If I am not mistaken, I have a Dolby Surround CD of this release. Is that possible? :confused: As I recall, it decodes amazingly well on my QSD-2.

If I am not mistaken, I have a Dolby Surround CD of this release. Is that possible? :confused: As I recall, it decodes amazingly well on my QSD-2.

There were some Dolby Surround CDs of some of the Tomita's, as well as a few other RCA titles. I think I have some of these too. I know I have "Snowflakes" for sure, not so sure about the others.

All 5 USA Quads had been also released in Dolby Surround. No Surround for the two Japanese-only CD4.

Hi @ArmyOfQuad / @JonUrban / @Lucanu - Did you manage to get anything out of Bermuda Triangle? I’ve just ordered one. Thanks John at IsaoTomita.net
Hi, I know it sounds weird, but I had this in pristine condition and never had a chance to do a conversion yet...12 years later 😱

Back