Quad LP/Tape Poll Tomita: Daphnis et Chloé [CD-4]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Daphnis"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 Mediocre

• 1: Suckdom Central

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 1979 CD-4 release from RCA, which was the final CD-4 record sold by RCA USA. These albums were actually Japanese stock (R4C-2069) which were stickered with the US catalog number CPD1-3412 and sold through a very narrow distribution system. These are very rare. Presumably they were imported to cash in on the popularity of the song "Bolero" which was used in the Blake Edwards film '10' which was a hit at the time.

If anyone has better scans or pictures, please feel free to add them to this thread.

Fortunately, Dutton-Vocalion released this quadraphonic treasure as one of their multichannel SACD's in 2019, 40 years after the Quadradisc's release!

Tomita Bolero.jpg

japanese-pressing-tomita-ravel-daphnis-et-chloe-stereo-quadraphonic-lp_4260291.jpg

RCA Red Seal R4C-2069 from 1979. The seventh and last Tomita Quad album.

Side 1:

Daphnis et Chloé, Suite No. 2
Pavane pour un infante Défunte

Side 2:

Boléro

Ma mère loye, Suite:
Pavane de la belle au bois dormant
Petit Poucet
Laideronette, Impératrice des Pagodes
Les Entretiens de la belle et la béte
Le jardin Féerique

ED :)

I agree with the Kap'n...I also love all things Isao Tomita (RIP old friend) Tomita was what I heard 1st in quad and have been hooked since...This album shines in CD-4
Mike

My copy must be original Japanese stock, because it does not have that Quadradisc sticker.

tomita_front.jpg
tomita_back.jpg
tomita_disc.jpg

Back