TOMMY-THE WHO SOUNDTRACK-QS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fizzy, I tracked down some downloads of Lisztomania. While I haven't been able to check out he audio, but the box of the laserdisc say "Dolby Surround", and the closing credits say "Dolby Stereo" . Getting on to the Bebop Deluxe from 1976, I'm having a senior moment here, but I can't remember us chatting about that particular show to any extent, so please refresh my memory. All I know about that one was that it was SQ, but haven't taken too close of a look at it, as it seems to have been decoded a bunch of times by folks all ready.
That Bebop Deluxe was likely SQ ,or Stereo , but there is a very slim chance of it being BBC Matrix H (or QS) , something like 5 per cent at best .

Yes I know both Tommy (75) and Lisztomania were "later" released in Dolby Stereo .( 3 or 4 ch)
And I believe I read that both were mixed for "mono" as well. I think it was to accommodate the different sound capabilities of a variety of theaters. So that they could properly deliver the film soundtrack with their equipment.

Back