• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tom's quadraphonic trade pages-available and wanted

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Tim -
I am new to the list, and have seen your wants/trades webpages. I know its been a little while since it was updated, but I think I can help you out with some trades of things on your lists. Email me at [email protected], or just post here if you want me to list them on the board.
Marc

As I continue searching through all my worldly possessions for my Aerosmith tpaes to trade (without success) I did find several other items. I would generally prefer to trade for matrix discs, but am open to anything. The tapes are rated in two categories. "A" are tapes of good condition, worth adding to a collection. The only possible flaw would be a magnetic strip that may let go. The others are "B", which have been stored for quite awaile. They all play, as they were stored flat, but may ve a bit "tight" inaddition to the dried strip. They are:
Steely Dan - Countdown and Pretzel (US, sorry) A
Black Sabath - Paranoid A
Jeff Beck - Wired VERY A
Doors - Best A
Carly Simon - Secrets, and Possum, A
Dave Mason - First, A
Seals and Crofts - Diamond Girl, A
Harry Nillsson - Schmillson, A
Ozark Mountain - It'll sjine when A
Quincy Jones - Body Heat, A
Loggins and Messina - First, A
Average White Band, B
Santana III, B
Blood Sweat and Tears - Greatest,B
Earth Wind and Fire - Open Eyes, B
Fogelberg - Cap. Angel A reserved
Post or email me direct at [email protected].
Thanks!
Marc

Still looking for Aerosmith Q8s, adn getting discouraged. I did find one of my dubs of Rocks in Q8 on a TDK SA tape from my Rocks Q8 (not from sq). What i used to do when I had Q8s I listened to alot in the car on my Craig Q8 deck was dub them using my Akai cr80dss onto blank tapes so the original would not be subjected to the weather. Anyway, this is one of them that I found. I have no need for it as I have the album, I don't know that anyone would be interested in this or not. EMail me at [email protected] if you are.
Marc

Isn't the q8 more discreet than the sq version? In my experiance it's been the case 95% of the time or more!
has it been converted to d.t.s. ? Yet?
Rob

Yes, the Q8 is more discrete than the sq even with a tate. The one I have (had?) from which this tape was dubbed is a very aggressive mix of Rocks. It has alot of separation of instruments and alot of solos and effects circling the room, etc. Don't know about any dts.
Marc

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> I listened to alot in the car on my Craig Q8 deck [/quote]
I also had a Craig Was it an odd shaped thing that came with a home mount slid in thingy! [ac/dc and speaker output]
Rob

Mine was the usual Craig edge shape with a built in slide in bracket, but no home/ac mount, although I had heard they were available. I think mine was the only Craig discrete quad car set they sold. It had buttons on the front: fast forward, and a 'matrix' for synthesizing quad from 2 channel. It also had a volume track change knob and a tone knob. It also had slider balance controls. Not bad for that time. I used that deck in my old datsun until the mid-80s when I reluctantly switched to cassette.
Marc

Back