Tony Banks' "A Curious Feeling" coming to DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
While this bit of Genesis-related news has been posted on other forum, I did a search here and couldn't find anything. From an October 12, 2008 news item at the World of Genesis website, looks like Nick Davis has completed nine of eleven tracks on the hybrid multi-channel surround (remixed) SACD of "A Curious Feeling". The production on this SACD is nearing completion and is hoping to be released in 2009 for the album's 30th anniversary.

Yes, that would be next! Three Sides Live has some moments.

Wonder if any Peter Gabriel titles are under consideration for this treatment? Fingers perpetually crossed...

This thread should be moved to DD/DTS as this was comments from a chat with Nick Davis on ACF:

Rael_thing (Nov 5, 2008 2:30:55 PM)
Will there be any bonus stuff on ACF?

nick (Nov 5, 2008 2:30:55 PM)
I think Tony may do a bit of an interview about the album and its making- and there are the 5.1 mixes.

yoghurt (Nov 5, 2008 2:31:36 PM)
Nick is there any chance to see released all the solo stuff from Tony, Mike and Phil in 5.1 mix?

nick (Nov 5, 2008 2:31:36 PM)
I think Tony is really into it. Not sure about Phil and Mike. So maybe not the most commercial order things need to be

gbh01 (Nov 5, 2008 2:32:21 PM)
Nick, when you say ACF is CD, surely you mean a Hybrid SACD like the box sets.

nick (Nov 5, 2008 2:32:21 PM)
No- we don't think it will be SACD as it’s too expensive to make. And Tony doesn't expect to sell millions of these

Back