Tony Mottola and the Quad Guitars

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I'm not sure what I have to do to be qualified to start a new poll, but if I could, I'd start one for "Tony Mottola and the Quad Guitars" which I recently acquired.

This is a really wonderful album! I know that Tony Mottola usually gets filed under "easy listening," but I doubt my parents would have liked this album. It has jazz, rock, hot picking and Vinnie Bell's guitar effects all thrown into the mix. The arrangements are inventive and engaging, and the playing is first rate. Even though this sounds nothing like the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, it reminds me of their recordings in the way the four guitars are panned to the four speakers. I have the QS pressing of this record, and while the separation is OK, I hope I can find the Q4 reel some day.

J. D.

Tony Mottola and the Quad Guitars is a really wonderful album!...I hope I can find the Q4 reel some day J. D.

Absolutely.

You also might like Al DiMeola and/or the 12-inch 45-RPM white-vinyl Direct-to-Disc Crystal Clear Records sessions of Laurindo Almeida and/or Charlie Byrd from 1977, pitifully available on Laserlight CD, with all the tracks missing from the original white-vinyl EP. If there's no purposeful QS encoding, my QSD-1 does a GREAT job with it, even though it is an inexpensively-produced budget CD.

I have Tony Mottola Roma Oggi (Rome Today), on quad 8 track
Just wish I had a player

Back