Tony Rice R.I.P.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.I.P. Tony 🎾

See the source image

1951 ~ 2020

Yes, so sad to hear this news the other day. Truly an outstanding guitarist!
A friend gave me a cassette tape of him in the early '90's, had never heard of him before.
I immediately knew he was special.
Have many cds by him. 'Me & my guitar', 'Native American', ' Tony Rice sings Gordon Lightfoot' were some of his solo albums among the very best.
If there is one song that really stands out to me, it's 'John Wilkes Booth'', written by Mary Chapin Carpenter for him. Go to YouTube & hear this song...
Such a great loss...
God bless his soul..

Last edited:
Yes, so sad to hear this news the other day. Truly an outstanding guitarist!
A friend gave me a cassette tape of him in the early '90's, had never heard of him before.
I immediately knew he was special.
Have many cds by him. 'Me & my guitar', 'Native American', ' Tony Rice sings Gordon Lightfoot' were some of his solo albums among the very best.
If there is one song that really stands out to me, it's 'John Wilkes Booth'', written by Mary Chapin Carpenter for him. Go to YouTube & hear this song...
Such a great loss...
God bless his soul..

I learned more about his solo work and his early work with J.D. Crowe from Ken Burns last year. But for me the touchstone is the first David Grisman Quintet album. Man...I hadn't heard that in 20 years, and when I put it on last night, I remembered every bar of every tune...

Back