Tool

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/fear-inoculum-tool/e1zvrby3z03ob
I've listened to it a couple of times (listening to it right now) and I really like it a lot. I mean, it sounds exactly like Tool has always sounded. Listening in fake 7.2 surround via PLIIx with the center +1, surrounds +2, subs +6. Does it sound like an album 13 years in the making? No, but if it actually lived up to that impossible hype, it would probably blow the top of my head off! 🤯

Really wish Tool would release something in real surround and I would really love to have a live concert blu-ray. I've never seen them live, but from youtube clips I've seen, it seems like a professionally done concert video would be absolutely amazing with all of the trippy psychedelic video stuff they show behind them.

I upmixed it using SpecWeb since first listen and it really makes it an experience! It is my second favorite behind Aneima.

What's up with this new album? The only physical version I've seen is $150 and comes with what sounds like a mini-ipad (and a plain CD). Is this only available digitally?

What's up with this new album? The only physical version I've seen is $150 and comes with what sounds like a mini-ipad (and a plain CD). Is this only available digitally?

The CD sold out originally.

The CD sold out originally.
There is a second run in the works, which I think also sold out through the Toolband.com website, slated for delivery later this month. As for a standard CD release, it may or may not happen at a later date.

The embedded screen is not a tablet, just a "dumb" screen that plays an album art video with an ambient soundtrack coming out a tinny little speaker. There are volume up/down buttons and a play/pause button. That's it.

There is a second run in the works, which I think also sold out through the Toolband.com website, slated for delivery later this month. As for a standard CD release, it may or may not happen at a later date.

The embedded screen is not a tablet, just a "dumb" screen that plays an album art video with an ambient soundtrack coming out a tinny little speaker. There are volume up/down buttons and a play/pause button. That's it.

Hi resolution files or streaming is the way to go. I tried 10,000 Days using Tidal masters on my Oppo and I wasn't very impressed however. Upmixing the Hi res to multichannel is definitely worth the effort.

Good lord, it’s now getting difficult for a standard CD release for around $15 to be reality. I know Tool has liked elaborate CD releases in the past (see Lateralus and 10,000 Days), but they were reasonably priced, not $40! I may be a dinosaur, but a physical media collector like myself is beyond frustrated.

Good lord, it’s now getting difficult for a standard CD release for around $15 to be reality. I know Tool has liked elaborate CD releases in the past (see Lateralus and 10,000 Days), but they were reasonably priced, not $40! I may be a dinosaur, but a physical media collector like myself is beyond frustrated.

I bet the vinyl will be $100.

Yeah, the last two albums had some cool packaging, too. I think the bulk of the additional price this time is down to the screen. I agree $40 is ridiculous for one CD, but I do understand that the cost of production can't but be higher this time around. I do think that for the price, they ought to have thrown in a lossless download of the "full" album (rather than the MP3 included).
I bet the vinyl will be $100.
You're probably not far off. Could even be more.

I too am frustrated about the lack of a physical CD release for this album (in a standard format). I would probably have gotten the $40 one, but somehow I missed both presales and it was sold out insanely fast both times.

Uber-heavy 2nite for me & the RockCat theTool Salival box set has the twisted 5.1 surround videos for Ænema, Stinkfist, Prison Sex, Sober & Hush. Soundtrack for Global Domination blaring fm my Mad Max speaker truck w/ flamethrower guitars.

The surround mixes are nothing special, but paired with the videos and turned to the proper volume, it's a big yes, Especially since its the only surround we've got from them.
80B851C2-29F9-4E81-AE70-8C88D9A55EFC_1_105_c.jpeg

Does anyone here have Tool's Salival? I'm dying to hear that cover of No Quarter again.

Back