Toshiba 4 Channel Consule Unit?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floyfn

Anyone recognize this? Can't seem to find any info anywhere.
I can't find a model # from the pictures because the resolution is so low, but it looks to me like a Consule Toshiba with some pretty neat looking speaker units, Joystick control, but for some reason appears to have a Perpetuum-Ebner PE 3012 turntable.

Looks like two headphone jacks, with a mic input to the right of them.

toshiba system 1.JPG
toshiba system 2.JPG
toshiba system 3.JPG
toshiba system 4.JPG
toshiba system 5.JPG

You can't help who you fall in love with and for some weird reason I love Toshibas, even though I don't own any presently.
It's on sale for the cheap, and though large and far away, I've done crazier things, but maybe it's complete junk to avoid?

Attachments

• toshiba system 6.JPG
    toshiba system 6.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 246
That was a popular style system in Japan back then. I don't know if any of these were exported for sale, but a good way to determine whether or not this was meant for their domestic market would be to check the FM tuner. The Japanese FM band, back then went from 76-90 MHz. Also, the power requirements would have stated 100 volts.

That was a popular style system in Japan back then. I don't know if any of these were exported for sale, but a good way to determine whether or not this was meant for their domestic market would be to check the FM tuner. The Japanese FM band, back then went from 76-90 MHz. Also, the power requirements would have stated 100 volts.
The second pic with the lit tuner shows 108 MHz

I second your motion. It might be fun just to have, but I could never visualize spending any quality listening time with this.
Agreed. I'd love to get a quad juke box for my basement, but I'd have to gut it and install the guts of a QSD 2 or something similar, maybe a Lafayette full logic decoder. That's about what this is - you get the cabinet and what we used to call a 'compact stereo' which means all in one, none of which is worth a damn.

Yes, I have seen the Seeburgs, but they are basically Haffler decoders as I understand it, which begs the question why the matrix labels for both SQ and QS issued quad jukebox four song EPs complete with the label to go in the box with the titles. I know Seeburg planned to come out with an actual decoder, QS, I believe, but I don't think they ever followed through.

The design is interesting and yess joystick Quad balance control is awesome. I like the way they store surround speakers inside the main ones making it a dual amp stereo system.
It's probably average quality for the time.
I don't see if there is a quad decoder built in for the PE turntable.
I would built a smaller component cabinet and get rid of this bulky one.

And one important thing to check is hertz! 50hz turntable will run too fast on 60hz
The electric current in eastern Japan (from Yokohama and Tokyo up towards Hokkaido) is 50 Hertz, and in western Japan (Nagoya, Osaka, down towards Kyushu and Okinawa) is 60 Hertz.
souce: japanvisitor.com

Back