Toshiba 4 Channel Consule Unit?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The design is interesting and yess joystick Quad balance control is awesome. I like the way they store surround speakers inside the main ones making it a dual amp stereo system.
It's probably average quality for the time.
I don't see if there is a quad decoder built in for the PE turntable.
I would built a smaller component cabinet and get rid of this bulky one.
Second knob from the left has the SQ and RM decoder selection, It does have the decoder built in.

Found the link again, I had lost it. it's in Quebec.
I tried to message them to see if they could locate a model number somewhere but they didn't respond.
They think the model number is the Turntable model number.
I'll pass on the purchase but I'm still curious to find out more about it.
$100 bucks CAD for the whole unit, should it function seems pretty good though.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-systeme-de-...ntage-stereo-system-1976/1522494550?undefined

Found the link again, I had lost it. it's in Quebec.
I tried to message them to see if they could locate a model number somewhere but they didn't respond.
They think the model number is the Turntable model number.
I'll pass on the purchase but I'm still curious to find out more about it.
$100 bucks CAD for the whole unit, should it function seems pretty good though.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-systeme-de-...ntage-stereo-system-1976/1522494550?undefined
The model number is written in the AD, it's a 1976 Toshiba PE 3012 oups! the changer is a PE3012
I live in Quebec, i sent a message for the model number.

The Toshiba receivers had a pleasant listenable sound but not party rockin' volume. The decoders were basic ambience at best. It would sound decent with a discrete source like tape or dirgital disc player. The turntable is good enough with maintenance. It won't likely have CD4 though. For a second sound system in a rec room it would suffice and $100 is a reasonable cost if it all works and isn't too far to drive.

The model number is written in the AD, it's a 1976 Toshiba PE 3012 oups! the changer is a PE3012
I live in Quebec, i sent a message for the model number.
Wait, so you're telling me the Toshiba model number is the same as the TT changer?

Manufactures often supplied the same generic electronic chassis for fitting to into all kinds of bits of furniture, for different retailers, so those type of front panels didn't display any model number. The particular combo of the chassis with any lump of furniture would often have been sold only by a fanciful store name, probably something such as the "Splendido Deluxe-o-Tron Console". It would almost certainly have had a retail catalogue number on a rating label in the back somewhere though. The PE3012 was indeed the turntable, which was made by Perpetum-Ebner . The presence of that number, which if as is likely, is the only one visible, has undoubtedly confused the seller.

I worked on a few PE-3012s in my repairman days. I have a PE-2038B.

Wait, so you're telling me the Toshiba model number is the same as the TT changer?
Not at all. As stated by Soundfield, The seller was confused by the TT changer number.

note: The seller did not reply to my question either.

Not at all. As stated by Soundfield, The seller was confused by the TT changer number.

note: The seller did not reply to my question either.
maybe they forgot they even posted it. I completely forgot an ebay auction last week for a week, then panicked when I saw the "pay up" email.
seller was good though.

I have found a different console with apparently the same amplifier on sale in UK and another one in Australia. So maybe it work on 220-240v 50 hz or have been modified for America. That could explain the PE changer. I could also be completely wrong.

That model is a Toshiba Boston 6000.
toshiba-boston-6000-quad-radiogram_360_c8cc4df6be2b07a1c32224b765112131.jpg

Back