Train Songs in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ultimate train disc in surround, actual trains. This is super good. 5.1 DTS.
R-11018771-1508343384-6146.jpeg.jpg

So there ya go...@ar surround makes a post that inspires @DuncanS to start a thread about train songs in surround. Dunc's thread has been fun to read & it inspired me to do a train song compilation CD for my good friend & neighbor across the street, Steve. It didn't need to be in surround just compatible with his mainstream legacy home gear & car. Steve is a master carpenter & talented guitarist but no audiofool so I didn't need to mess with24/96 surround FLACS, etc.

With his building skills & attention to detail, Steve's made an incredible & imaginative train track lay out. It doesn't go around the rooms' perimeter but is about 9'x12'. I really got a kick out of his built in video cam on the engine. But then, ya know, after one lap you've pretty much seen all there is....

The first track I used some sound FX chug chug train whistles from @Quad Linda's James Cunningham post. This dissolves/blends into Last Train to Clarksville. All the other tracks are just straight forward, all listed in this thread except I added Little Feat: Two Trains.

CD TRAIN SONGS.jpg

Natch Windows doesn't have the courtesy to show all the files name but you can probably figure it out. This thread was fun!

Mystic Moods Orchestra ONE STORMY NIGHT...rumored to have a QUAD REMIX on the Philips Label. At 27:26 with thunder and pouring rain, the sound of a freight train is heard in the distance and suddenly becomes louder and louder roaring through a rain drenched landscape....it was recorded by none other than MoFi's Brad Miller.

Last edited:
I have not seen this one mentioned yet:

Grand Funk Railroad - The Railroad

One of my favorite tracks on the 'We're An American Band' album.
I really like Don Brewer's drum work near the end of the song, sounds like a Steam Engine cranking up :)

Oops! I forgot the title to this thread.
This would sound wonderful in a multi-channel mix.

Last edited:
Back