Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe (5.1 Mix & Other versions)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy of The Absolute Universe standalone bluray has just arrived and will hopefully get a play later today :) .

It came from the Marillion shop, together with the With Friends At St David's Marillion bluray.

Sorry off topic but I would love to hear your thoughts on the "With Friends from the Orchestra" studio album 5.1 mix on the "St David's" Marillion bluray

Got it too. Will give a listen later. My expectations are low ;)
Well I'm only 30 minutes in to this, but I have to say I'm quite impressed so far (y) . I have bought every Transatlantic cd on release, so I would have got this for the music anyway. The fidelity on this bluray is excellent, very clear and well produced. And the surround mix is much better than I was expecting, plenty of discrete vocals and instruments in the rears. I'm pleased with this :rocks

Sorry off topic but I would love to hear your thoughts on the "With Friends from the Orchestra" studio album 5.1 mix on the "St David's" Marillion bluray
I'll try and listen to this over the weekend. I was awaiting reviews of this myself before I took the plunge, but decided to go for it anyway to spread the postage cost on the Transatlantic bluray.

Thanks Colsky,thats good news. :)
I ordered 2 copies from Neal Morse(Radiant) and sadly it's going to be a long while before I get mine as usually 3 weeks to get to Canada and they haven't even shipped yet, not their fault, see below:

This from Neal Morse:
"As you may have seen on social media, our shipment of vinyl, the Ultimate Box set and the Blu-rays have not yet arrived at our office because they have been held up by customs coming from the manufacturer in Europe. I know how disappointed many of you will be, and believe me when I say we have done everything we can to resolve this situation, which happened outside of our control. We expect the delivery to arrive this weekend and will start packaging and mailing them to you."

Okay, with colsky's positive thoughts I'm ready to order. Where can I order the standalone Blu-ray ? Seems the only br listing I see is with that ultimate set which in have no interest in. Thanks

K

Probably why it isn't listed at Radiant anymore. Great that the made them at our request, but they were not kidding about limited.

Reactions: PK
Well I'm only 30 minutes in to this, but I have to say I'm quite impressed so far (y) . I have bought every Transatlantic cd on release, so I would have got this for the music anyway. The fidelity on this bluray is excellent, very clear and well produced. And the surround mix is much better than I was expecting, plenty of discrete vocals and instruments in the rears. I'm pleased with this :rocks
Indeed! Iā€˜m suprised how good it is.
So glad I jumped on the standalone Blu early. :)

Indeed! Iā€˜m suprised how good it is.
So glad I jumped on the standalone Blu early. :)

I played it twice and agree, slightly miffed that there is no booklet with the blu-ray, I was expecting lyrics etc, I know the credits are at the end of the album but this doesnā€™t feel like I own the album properly without the lyric booklet, maybe iā€™m being too picky

Ordered mine from Burning Shed and received an email update that they had not received their copies yet on
Thursday but expected them on Friday, so I have a bit of a wait still it seems. :(

I ordered from the Marillion website and it was posted on Tuesday, you would expect all retailers to have them at the same time to send them out for release date

Back