Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe (5.1 Mix & Other versions)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome that the stand-alone Blu Ray is available again.

This is a band that to be safe, you should pre-order. The 5.1 mix from their previous album Kalidascope sold out on pre-order and was never re-issued.
Thanks for the advice! Your recommendation was all i needed to pull the trigger! SO glad there is a second run of these stand alone Blu-rays; i was waiting for reviews before ordering and that first run sold out! Looking forward to this one! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Did you order yours from Radiant? I haven't heard anything from them since Feb 08 saying they hadn't received them yet.

I wasn't going to get this until they announced the stand-alone BluRay. So fingers-crossed.
Yes. It shipped on the 5th. Just took USPS a while to move it up the coast.

I've listened now to the Marillion studio 5.1. It's a nice album and a nice mix. It sounds to me like there's a lot of discrete instrumentation in the rear speakers, more than in Mike Hunter's other 5.1 mixes. The rears are a little on the quiet side, but it's there. It's enjoyable to me too having Steve Hogarth's wonderful vocals isolated in the centre speaker (y)

First listen: I'm having to crank the rears significantly more than any other recording I have...had me wondering if there was something wrong with my system o_O....This mix isn't fairing well on my system. It's just too unbalanced IMO...I'll have to give it some time. Some tracks seem better than others in this regard...

Last edited:
Finally got my Blu-ray yesterday.

Is any one else noticing really bad synch between audio and video in the documentary?

I ordered when it came back available and think I remember it saying that it wouldn't ship until late this month. Guessing they had to produce another run of discs.

K

Received from Marillion Racket store.

Celebrating after picking it up from the post office.

Transatlantic - The Absolute Universe.jpg

I am curious if anyone else who lives in Canada has received their copy from Radiant records. I received a shipping notification via email on February 9th, but it has still not arrived. There is a tracking link in the email. If I click on it, it says "delivered" but the most recent status shows "Delivered in Mailbox in Cottontown, TN", even though the destination clearly states Ottawa, ON, Canada. I originally assumed this Cottontown TN facility is just a USPS facility for shipment to Canada, but I just looked up Cottontown in Wikipedia, and it has a population of 367. It is unlikely to have a USPS facility.

I emailed Radiant on March 28th asking if they could investigate, but I have heard nothing. I will email them again asking for assistance.

I am curious if anyone else who lives in Canada has received their copy from Radiant records. I received a shipping notification via email on February 9th, but it has still not arrived. There is a tracking link in the email. If I click on it, it says "delivered" but the most recent status shows "Delivered in Mailbox in Cottontown, TN", even though the destination clearly states Ottawa, ON, Canada. I originally assumed this Cottontown TN facility is just a USPS facility for shipment to Canada, but I just looked up Cottontown in Wikipedia, and it has a population of 367. It is unlikely to have a USPS facility.

I emailed Radiant on March 28th asking if they could investigate, but I have heard nothing. I will email them again asking for assistance.
Hi there. I’m a friend of the folks at Radiant. Cottontown TN is the location of Radiant so it sounds like USPS has returned the parcel to Radiant. I’m sure they will work through the issue and get in touch with you.

Back