HiRez Poll Transatlantic - THE ABSOLUTE UNIVERSE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Transatlantic - THE ABSOLUTE UNIVERSE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Playing this for the first time. Quick observations half way through: liking the music, being mesmerized by the visuals, and being underwhelmed by the surround mix. Nothin' much goin' on back there. :confused: Have to give this a chance before I cast my vote. From what I'm reading here, the standalone blu-ray doesn't come with a booklet. If that's the case, at least I won't have to send mine back, because I thought mine was missing. But it would be nice to see who's doing what and maybe some lyrics, etc.

Playing this for the first time. Quick observations half way through: liking the music, being mesmerized by the visuals, and being underwhelmed by the surround mix. Nothin' much goin' on back there. :confused: Have to give this a chance before I cast my vote. From what I'm reading here, the standalone blu-ray doesn't come with a booklet. If that's the case, at least I won't have to send mine back, because I thought mine was missing. But it would be nice to see who's doing what and maybe some lyrics, etc.
So the blu ray originally was an exclusive to the box set which had 5 vinyl albums, 3 CDs blu ray and booklets / posters etc. There was noise from some fans who didn’t want the vinyl but wanted the CDs and blu ray, and so I think that’s what prompted the stand alone blu ray as a last minute limited run thing - which probably explains why there isn’t a booklet.

First audition of about half the disc last night. Agree with your description. While the SQ is very good, little to nothing discreet in the rears. Decent but not great front soundstage. While I enjoyed the visuals, didn't quite reach the level of mesmerization... I like abstract visuals; therer are some good ones here, but I could do without all the starship flying, whether seen from the outside or inside.

Music seemed decent; far too early to know how well I will connect with that; wasn't any kind of instant connection- that seems to be a lot rarer these days. Due to becoming more close-minded or more jaded as I age, not sure which- so likely some of both.

Anyway, well worth the $15 I paid for the Blu.

First audition of about half the disc last night. Agree with your description. While the SQ is very good, little to nothing discreet in the rears. Decent but not great front soundstage. While I enjoyed the visuals, didn't quite reach the level of mesmerization... I like abstract visuals; therer are some good ones here, but I could do without all the starship flying, whether seen from the outside or inside.

Music seemed decent; far too early to know how well I will connect with that; wasn't any kind of instant connection- that seems to be a lot rarer these days. Due to becoming more close-minded or more jaded as I age, not sure which- so likely some of both.

Anyway, well worth the $15 I paid for the Blu.
Still haven't listened to this enough to cast my vote. But after listening to the entire album a few times I will say that the mix becomes a bit more immersive as the record progresses. And yes, the flying machine does become a bit much; especially the interior view which doesn't measure up to the other visuals. Overall, I'm liking it. I have the first two TA CD's, so this isn't my first listen to these guys. Definitely worth the price for the blu-ray.

Let me just say this.....
The musicality of this band supremely transcends the current musical release from Yes !
There is plenty of rear action ( if you turn it up )
I voted 8
Edit....I've been listening to this everyday and watched the graphic today ...so an extra + 1 ..so a 9.
This album is truly a masterpiece !
(And yes, I have the classic YES logo tattooed on my body !)

Last edited:
Back