TSS Mode

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quattro64

OK, I think I will be ordering a SM V3 soon. Only question I have is does TSS mode do any involve decoding of say QS encoded material, before it does the surround virtualization for a stereo pair of speakers??

thanks. I will figure out how to do that in some other way. This is a Surround Master, after all.

OK, I think I will be ordering a SM V3 soon. Only question I have is does TSS mode do any involve decoding of say QS encoded material, before it does the surround virtualization for a stereo pair of speakers??
Sorry to correct the great Sonik Wiz but the TSS mode first passes the stereo through standard Involve/ QS decode and then does its HRTF thing to fool your head to thinking its surround from 2 speakers (decoded)

Just curious - is there a desired speaker polar response (and arrangement of the speakers in the room) for TSS to work well?

Kirk Bayne

Sorry to correct the great Sonik Wiz but the TSS mode first passes the stereo through standard Involve/ QS decode and then does its HRTF thing to fool your head to thinking its surround from 2 speakers (decoded)
Well, that seems like the hard way to do it. But always good to learn something new!

So does my wife.
1652150780509.png

Anyway, I have another idea. If I were to take some of my surround albums and involve encode them, I could then mix-match my stereo files and surround files in playlists? I've read in the thread on 'what sounds best on SM?' that people who use involve mode like to boost their rears a bit on the stereo music they listen to, compared to surround music. So to mix/match these into playlists I should probably dim the rears a bit on the surround files when I encode them? Does that sound right?

Anyway, I have another idea. If I were to take some of my surround albums and involve encode them, I could then mix-match my stereo files and surround files in playlists? I've read in the thread on 'what sounds best on SM?' that people who use involve mode like to boost their rears a bit on the stereo music they listen to, compared to surround music. So to mix/match these into playlists I should probably dim the rears a bit on the surround files when I encode them? Does that sound right?
Check out Sonic's posts about using Audition to "pre-synth" your audio files!

Back