TV Series in surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
(I am aware of the "Movies in Surround thread but I did not find one on TV series in Surround...if there is one, please move it to the corresponding one, Mods, thank you...)

Heck , I don't have my receiver now but I HAVE found some great Surround stuff on TV (or should I say "Pay TV"/"Premium Channels" like Disney Plus or HBO Max?)

I was playing "The book of Bobba Fett" and it was a really great immersive experience... I am now struggling while listening through my crappy TV speakers to "Our Flag Means Death", which I find utterly brilliant, and waiting patiently(NOT!) word from the Panurgy people about my receiver, can't wait to watch it in 5.0!

(I am aware of the "Movies in Surround thread but I did not find one on TV series in Surround...if there is one, please move it to the corresponding one, Mods, thank you...)

Heck , I don't have my receiver now but I HAVE found some great Surround stuff on TV (or should I say "Pay TV"/"Premium Channels" like Disney Plus or HBO Max?)

I was playing "The book of Bobba Fett" and it was a really great immersive experience... I am now struggling while listening through my crappy TV speakers to "Our Flag Means Death", which I find utterly brilliant, and waiting patiently(NOT!) word from the Panurgy people about my receiver, can't wait to watch it in 5.0!

Great idea, KAP, as TV, even broadcast on occasion [like HANNIBAL] has some incredible 5.1 surround elements!

Hope you get your receiver back soon ........

I like the sound of Dolby Surround from DVDs, Laserdisc or Broadcast. It is a very simple surround and I find it very warm sounding. Was watching "In the Heat of the Night" series on Decades Channel tonight and the Surround on the episodes I watched was very good.
Most of our 720i channels and 1080i channels that are Broadcast over the air here in Atlanta are in Dolby Digital.

I have noticed a lot of the shows on "the CW" have discreet effects. SOME of the shows on NBC, FOX & CBS occasionally have discreet effects. Never heard any on ABC.

well, I found out that premium channels have different "services" depending on how much you pay (of course) so , if you have PREMIUM(or whatever it's called) Disney+ you actually get REAL 5.1 and it really makes a difference from the "Dolby Surround" on the "regular/bottom tier" services...

I thought every TV series is in surround these days (21st century). Many are Atmos now too. So any thread would be just like the Movies in Surround thread which has become a random list of movies.

Unless you're HBO, who seem to understand how to make good shows, but not how to actually make them look or sound good.

well, I found out that premium channels have different "services" depending on how much you pay (of course) so , if you have PREMIUM(or whatever it's called) Disney+ you actually get REAL 5.1 and it really makes a difference from the "Dolby Surround" on the "regular/bottom tier" services...
Disney+ only has one pricing tier as far as I can see. I might be wrong, but I think that audio is not affected by pricing tiers for other services e.g. Netflix, only picture quality. I think that whether the device you are using supports these codecs is what matters.

Dude…
both Obi Wan Kenobi ( great surround, so so series so far)
and Moon Knight ( great series and sfx), which, although I never bought the comic book back then, I started watching because one of its main illustrators which I LOOOOVE, Bill Sienkiewicz aka SINKEVICH, mentioned on his FB page that they actually named a mental hospital in the series after him!

I'm currently BINGE WATCHING all 26 episodes of BBC America's ATLANTIS on HULU and IMO, has great immersive sonics and it is being broadcast in 4K

See the source image

Back