TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on Peacock

unnamed.gif

Just spotted this article (below) about Amazon Prime Video’s Dolby Atmos & Dolby Vision qualities, and their pay tier differences.

Basically stating:
"support for both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which together form Dolby Cinema, are only included (for relevant titles) with one of the ad-free subscription plans."

also:
"If you want Dolby support... Max, Netflix, Disney+, and Paramount+ all require subscribing to their more costly services."

also, it says:
"Dolby's simulated surround sound technology, Dolby Atmos"
... simulated?????

https://www.slashgear.com/1532645/why-dolby-atmos-worse-surround-sound-amazon-prime-video/

Just spotted this article (below) about Amazon Prime Video’s Dolby Atmos & Dolby Vision qualities, and their pay tier differences.

Basically stating:
"support for both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, which together form Dolby Cinema, are only included (for relevant titles) with one of the ad-free subscription plans."

also:
"If you want Dolby support... Max, Netflix, Disney+, and Paramount+ all require subscribing to their more costly services."

also, it says:
"Dolby's simulated surround sound technology, Dolby Atmos"
... simulated?????

https://www.slashgear.com/1532645/why-dolby-atmos-worse-surround-sound-amazon-prime-video/
Here's what Amazon Prime ad-free subscription plan says once you sign-up:

"Welcome to your subscription for ad free with Prime Video. You can now watch Prime movies and TV shows without ads. Live TV, Freevee, and channel subscriptions will still have ads.

By signing up, you agreed to the Prime Video Ad free Terms of Use and authorized us to charge the specified payment method or another available payment method on file. Your subscription for ad free automatically renews until canceled for $2.99/month (see more information on applicable taxes). Cancel anytime by going to Your Account and changing your subscription settings."

Shōgun - Official Trailer | Hiroyuki Sanada, Cosmo Jarvis, Anna Sawai | FX​

* Feudal Japan series - out Feb. 27

I've watched the first three episodes of the FX series Shōgun and I'm really loving it! If you can catch it somehow I can whole heartedly recommend it.

This series also brings up a topic which I don't hear much about, but I'm sure if you're some kind of set/costume/lighting designer or such for TV and movies; you probably are well aware.

It's that there is a specific color that has taken over the look of in these shows, and it's TEAL. I see it all over the place, TEAL, TEAL, TEAL. In my opinion, it can sometimes be used way too much for sure! One show that really uses it big time is the PBS series "Miss Scarlet and The Duke"; check out the vid. below. Sometimes I'm sure the cinematographer may be putting a TEAL filter on the cameras or done in post. The problem for me is that now I'm aware of it and am looking for it instead of just enjoying the show. I believe it's utilized as as way to project more contrast, whoever if it's utilized too much, there's not anything really left to contrast with (like orange i.e.)

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/miss-scarlet-and-the-duke/#

1710526767702.png

Last edited:
Watching the latest episode tonight of 'Resident Alien', Harry has fallen in love with an Avian. He later sings a song of love with an acoustic guitar and it was so horrible; for a minute there I thought I was hearing some Bob Dylan 🫣 :alien: + 🐦

;)

Back