TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started to watch this last night, but had to bail shortly after only a half-hour in. Was flabbergasted that there was no option for German speaking dialog. So we have a primarily German war movie, and the characters speaking with a heavily British accent.
(played through my Apple 4K TV & found no option for German, only German subtitles)
WTF Netflix (n)

If it wasn't such a serious, bloody war drama, it would be a comedy.
I don't think I'll watch All Quiet on the Western Front, but these posts about subs got me interested. I am a srong sub over dub guy. Anyway, it works fine on my Oppo. I hit pause, a bar pops up at the bottom and among other thingies offers choice of subs or languages.

Just found this bloody good TV series on
HBO Max called:

Pennyworth

View attachment 83998
I've really been enjoying this Pennyworth show on HBO Max! It also has Lorry loads of great Brit. slang that I've never heard before.

One actor that caught my attention (he just looked vaguely familiar) was the character 'Gulliver Troy'; an ex-military mercenary killer type. It took me awhile to piece together where I'd seen him before, but finally looked him up. He's James Purefoy, and it just goes to show what a really good actor he is, getting lost in character like that. I mostly knew him from the TV show Hap and Leonard (available on Amazon Prime now.) But in Hap and Leonard (adventures of two ex-military buddies in various southern swamp mysteries) he has a convincing American southern accent, and I actually didn't know at that time he was a British actor.

Both of these shows are highly recommended, at least worth a look.

1667851773873.png

Last edited:
NOW streaming on NETFLIX in 4K/Dolby Vision the fourth season of MANIFEST. It looked SO GREAT in 4K, I even streamed the first three episodes of Season I and noticed details I never noticed before in 2K. ❤️ this show!

R.c42be6f0c37ce24bb7162998efda4a52

NOW streaming on AMC+ [no commercials] and AMC on Sunday Nights @ 10 PM [EST] A reimagining of Anne Rice's classic novel INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
I normally don't get into the vampire/zombie stuff, it's just been done to death and mostly blah.
But I was just about to post something on this one. It caught my eye one night and I've really gotten into it. Personally I find it most excellent entertainment.
YMMV

I normally don't get into the vampire/zombie stuff, it's just been done to death and mostly blah.
But I was just about to post something on this one. It caught my eye one night and I've really gotten into it. Personally I find it most excellent entertainment.
YMMV
Yeah, I don't normally do zombie stuff anymore except for the occasional one that looks interesting. But I've also been enjoying 'INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE'.

I've really been enjoying this Pennyworth show on HBO Max! It also has Lorry loads of great Brit. slang that I've never heard before.

One actor that caught my attention (he just looked vaguely familiar) was the character 'Gulliver Troy'; an ex-military mercenary killer type. It took me awhile to piece together where I'd seen him before, but finally looked him up. He's James Purefoy, and it just goes to show what a really good actor he is, getting lost in character like that. I mostly knew him from the TV show Hap and Leonard (available on Amazon Prime now.) But in Hap and Leonard (adventures of two ex-military buddies in various southern swamp mysteries) he has a convincing American southern accent, and I actually didn't know at that time he was a British actor.

Both of these shows are highly recommended, at least worth a look.

View attachment 85124
I also have been following Pennyworth good show and I now remember James Purfoy he played the title character from one of my favorite authors Robert E Howards book Solomon Kane another good movie.

I haven't had a chance to see this yet but passing it along as soon as I can:

Dust bunnies, aka soot sprites, will be well known to anyone whose seen Totoro from Ghibli

Edit: my link only shows a disable ad blocker on my PC, cuz, I have one. But the link still works when clicked. You may/may not get the same weird notice.

The English - Official Trailer | Prime Video​

*A six part series.
Hard core/violent western set in the Oklahoma territories of the late 1800's, full of savagery and racism of that time. Mainly a love story that develops between an aristocratic Englishwoman and Pawnee ex-cavalry scout. Also, a story of revenge. This one may give you nightmares, I know it has for me.

Second that Pupster. I thought the English was very good and likely a true depiction of our wild west history and racism. People that were abused by the English in the old world came over here and did the same to others.

Unless I missed a post, the 2022 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Awards which was broadcast last night on HBO from 8~12 was AWESOME. In fact, Pink remarked that it was one of THE best nights of her life. The performances were exhilirating, the speeches were excellent and the broadcast wasn't marred by any erratic political speeches. HBO will re~broadcast it again so if you really do care about music at its finest, DO TUNE IN!

https://www.rockhall.com/rock-roll-hall-fame-announces-2022-inductees

NOW Streaming on HULU, ALL Episodes of the hit series [2003] NIP/TUCK in exquisite video and 5.1 Immersive Audio. One forgets how groundsbreaking this original FX series was and watching it again is an absolute blast. Hasn't aged ONE IOTA ...Still VERY contemporary...and the music scoring .....TREMENDOUS!

R.f7010696d93628856e57283ef5dff28d

Reactions: GOS
I watched the Elton John Live: Farewell From Dodger Stadium tonight on Disney+ .
As expected it was a great concert and emotional fare-well to/for Elton.
The one thing that upset me was the sound!!! At least on my Apple TV 4K box, the sound was STEREO ONLY!
Really Disney, a stereo broadcast was the best you could do?
I'm sure hoping there will be a 5.1 or Atmos BD coming down the road sometime soon. :mad:
Sure, after I pay even more for if. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I watched the Elton John Live: Farewell From Dodger Stadium tonight on Disney+ .
As expected it was a great concert and emotional fare-well to/for Elton.
The one thing that upset me was the sound!!! At least on my Apple TV 4K box, the sound was STEREO ONLY!
Really Disney, a stereo broadcast was the best you could do?
I'm sure hoping there will be a 5.1 or Atmos BD coming down the road sometime soon. :mad:
Sure, after I pay even more for if. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
For anyone that missed it, a replay is available on Disney+. I have to believe there will be a release of this of some sort on blu-ray. In fact, there has been mention of a documentary on the final shows which will include live footage, perhaps they will release a full concert as part of that set.

https://www.hotpress.com/film-tv/di...s-and-the-years-that-made-his-legend-22907153

We almost went but dodger stadium is such a nightmare to get to and park I opted for the Disney broadcast. Better seats than I could ever have afforded. Reminded me what a great catalog of songs he has from the 70s.

We almost went but dodger stadium is such a nightmare to get to and park I opted for the Disney broadcast. Better seats than I could ever have afforded. Reminded me what a great catalog of songs he has from the 70s.
Man that's one huge stadium, I've never watched any ballgames from there that I can remember. I don't know how many people were there but it was a LOT. LOL
I do hope for a BD with Atmos sound in the future.
:51QQ

Back