TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mandalorian made a deal at a bar in the season finale; that should offer up lots of exciting hunts in the future.

Din Grogu playing with his food on the homestead.

Din Grogu.jpg

NETFLIX'S NEW SHOW FLORIDA MAN.....Binge watched ALL 7 episodes last night. MORE Twists and Turns than San Francisco's famous Lombard Street! Broadcast in 4K and Dolby Vision. RECOMMENDED

R.a62c8d7ef8f88a9b94c9697150c50e00

Starring Edgar Ramírez as Florida Man

Last edited:
Just finished Season 1 on Amazon Prime. Really liked it, but I'm not sure I'll get MGM+ just to see Season 2 or wait until it comes out on Amazon Prime.

Just started watching Netflix's 2022 Thriller BLACK BUTTERFLIES [4K/Dolby Vision/6 Episodes/FRENCH W/ENGLISH SUBTITLES OR ENGLISH DUBBED] and am thoroughy immersed in this rather intriguing French production.

An elderly man who fears his life is at an end enlists the services of a writer who is down on his luck to pen his memoirs. And what memoirs! Told in flashbacks, the old man, Albert wants to memoralize the love of his life, Solange, whom he met as a child at the end of WWII and of the journey they took together as serial murderers. The 'ghost' writer is at first intrigued, then repulsed at what the old man is asking him to transcribe and then storms out of his house telling Albert that he doesn't believe ANY OF IT!

I'm only halfway through Episode 2 but truth be told, I'm hooked.

IMO, worth watching

https://readysteadycut.com/2022/10/15/black-butterflies-review/

Foundation — Season 2 Official Teaser | Apple TV+​

* 07 . 14 . 23

I just watched the trailer you posted, I don't remember anything quite like that re. the monster in the books (and I've read them a few times)! How close is it to Asimov's Foundation Series books?

A few shows I've been catching lately that I like...

SILO - Apple TV+
1684181279676.png

The Peripheral - Amazon Prime
*Think, an VR journey a la 'The Matrix' (Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy serve as executive producers)
One season so far, but IINM it has been renewed for a season 2 (y)
1684181569392.png

CARNIVAL ROW (Season 2 of 2) - Amazon Prime
1684181997356.png

The DIPLOMAT - NETFLIX
*much more engaging than I thought it was going to be!
1684182393254.png

and finally, catching the entirety of the excellent HBO series THE WIRE
*been thinking a lot about the great actors 'Lance Reddick' and 'Michael K. Williams' who are no longer with us

1684182594007.png

I just watched the trailer you posted, I don't remember anything quite like that re. the monster in the books (and I've read them a few times)! How close is it to Asimov's Foundation Series books?
I read all the books... Original trilogy, prequels, sequels, robots... All Asimov novels, not the other authors immitations.

Obviously the series has been updated for current times, for current people (younger?), and for current prejudices and biases.

Many main characters have been changed. Even Hari Seldon, that doesn't look exactly like I remember reading.

I have mixed feelings.
On the one hand, I love to visualize many things in almost the same way that I had imagined when reading the books in my youth.
On the other hand, the transcendental and important things, although explained, are treated in a very light way, which can cause new viewers to hardly understand, and judge just as as a visual representation of space fights of different clans.

That's why I'm afraid that the many remaining seasons will be canceled due to the indifference of new viewers who don't appreciate Asimov's great galactic history of humanity. Yes, just human history... there were no monsters or aliens in Asimov.

I read all the books... Original trilogy, prequels, sequels, robots... All Asimov novels, not the other authors immitations.

Obviously the series has been updated for current times, for current people (younger?), and for current prejudices and biases.

Many main characters have been changed. Even Hari Seldon, that doesn't look exactly like I remember reading.

I have mixed feelings.
On the one hand, I love to visualize many things in almost the same way that I had imagined when reading the books in my youth.
On the other hand, the transcendental and important things, although explained, are treated in a very light way, which can cause new viewers to hardly understand, and judge just as as a visual representation of space fights of different clans.

That's why I'm afraid that the many remaining seasons will be canceled due to the indifference of new viewers who don't appreciate Asimov's great galactic history of humanity. Yes, just human history... there were no monsters or aliens in Asimov.
Reading Asimov had a big influence on me, especially the Foundation Series, it was the hand held computers etc. which were one of the influences that led to me studying Electronics at Uni (along with Synthesisers, mixing desks et al). Then not long after finishing and in my first job I bought a Sharp handheld Basic programmable computer, Science Fiction became Science fact! Still got it, but the batteries leaked and I can't get it to work :(

I have mixed feelings.

I read the trilogy almost 50 years ago, and there is so much that I don't remember. I remember the premise, of course, which was one of the most brilliant premises I've ever encountered, even for science fiction. I thoroughly enjoyed Season 1 of Foundation, perhaps because I didn't remember enough to keep comparing it to the books as I watched. I also found some of this interesting:
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/foundation-season-2-trailer-the-mule-theory-books-asimov

Back